We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter lets Sidmouth/Exeter?

Montagnac-Montpezat...
1 post
Save Topic
Winter lets Sidmouth/Exeter?

I am a retired lady living in France and I would like to spend this winter in Devon from mid to end November until Mid/end March. dates being very flexible. I love Sidmouth but would also be happy in or around Exeter. I have seen some very expensive lets but not a rich person so looking for something all inclusive, with wifi at a reasonable price.

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
889 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter lets Sidmouth/Exeter?

Hi Brenda, what is 'a reasonable price' to you?

There are bound to be some holiday lets who would be delighted to get someone for 5 months over winter. Many may not be able to / don't want to, and finding out which do will probably require you sending quite a few e-mails. Using TripAdvisor's 'Speciality Lodgings' section will be a good start.

I suspect that 'one-off' cottages are more likely to be willing to help than dedicated cottage complexes.

Hope this helps.

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
952 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter lets Sidmouth/Exeter?

I would also consider Exmouth - there are more holiday rental properties in Exmouth that are likely to be empty in the period that you are interested in. The advantage of Exmouth over Sidmouth is the half hourly train service to Exeter and beyond to Torquay, Paignton and Barnstaple. It is fabulous walking along the beach from Exmouth to Sandy Bay when the tide is out on a crisp sunny day.

You could place a cheap ad in one of the local papers

Broadland
Level Contributor
541 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter lets Sidmouth/Exeter?

Do you have your own car? It could make a very big difference!

I've also sent you a PM.

4. Re: Winter lets Sidmouth/Exeter?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2013, 10:15