We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

John Lewis

Which Exeter hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,549 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
John Lewis

Can anyone tell me where the new John Lewis store is in Exeter please? Is it in the shopping centre where Debenhams is?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,868 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: John Lewis

www.johnlewis.com/Shops/DSWhere.aspx?Id=56

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,549 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: John Lewis

yes, I know that thank you.

But as I am only familiar with walking round Exeter and not with the street names, I was hoping for a response telling me where it is in relation to places that I know. Never mind, I am sure I will find it tomorrow.

London
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: John Lewis

Annabelle

It has taken over the building that used to be Debenhams (after a major rebuild), on the corner of the High St./Sidwell St traffic lights.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,549 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: John Lewis

Thank you, yes, found it, it's opposite Next!

Wasn't too impressed though :-(

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: John Lewis

Neither were we....

ATB,J.

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: John Lewis

I went to John Lewis about a week after it opened and was not impressed either. A return visit was better as the novelty seemed to have worn off but although I'm nearer to Exeter than Bristol, the Cribbs Causeway branch will be my first choice. The Exeter one is the first of its kind but I wish they had gone ahead with knocking down the bus station and building a full size store there instead.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: John Lewis

i agree, the floors of that building under Debenhams before they moved out of that tall tower, were small it's just a shame if the restaurant has lost it's wonderful city view, as I think it use to be around 5 floors up, and had views over Exeter but from what you are saying and knowing how John Lewis don't like windows sometimes it might have been lost.

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: John Lewis

It is the converted Debenhams building, High Street junction Sidwell Street/New North Road. You can't miss it at the top end of the City Centre. Have to say I expected something bigger with more stock. Perhaps the days of online shopping is now becoming more popular!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: John Lewis

I have not been yet Annabelle because a couple of people have said they were not bothered with it! Hope you had a good day in Exeter, though

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,549 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: John Lewis

Thanks Riotstar, I enjoy a day out in Exeter now and then, hubby loves it as well even though he usually hates shopping because he gets to go to Nandos!