We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation for 13 on a stag

Which Exeter hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Woking, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation for 13 on a stag

Hi all,

I'm trying to help my fiancee plan his stag. He'd really like to go to Exeter, but is having trouble finding accommodation as lots of places won't take stag parties.

Any ideas?

Many thanks :)

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation for 13 on a stag

Has he thought about Torquay?

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation for 13 on a stag

First of all, legally refusing stag nights is not allowed. What businesses are allowed to do is refuse 'certain groups' if they can demonstrate that such groups have caused them trouble in the past, but it is a grey area.

A lot will depend on what your fiance's plans are, and how he goes about discussing this with accommodation providers. I say 'he' on purpose, as I suspect that you doing the enquiring (if that is what is happening) already sets alarmbells ringing (why is he, or his best man, not calling us? they will wonder).

So him making a few phone calls (don't e-mail, too impersonal and easy to turn down), and building a relationship may do miracles. Unless of course he is a 'typical stag', in which case I would suggest not to bother with Devon. Far too friendly and pretty (and dare I say it: probably quiet) to be disturbed by a gang of 13 hell bent on getting sh**faced ... ;-)

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation for 13 on a stag

Jurys is quite central and I've spotted Stag/Hen parties there.

Bury
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation for 13 on a stag

Worth trying Exeter university, very good value !

www.exeter-rooms.co.uk/…

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
480 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation for 13 on a stag

You've also got the new Premier Inn at St Davids Station.

(THExeter, most hotels will hold an alcohol license, as pubs do. As a result, the proprietor/manager can refuse entry to anyone they don't like the look of and they don't have to give a reason. That is my understanding of the licensing laws)

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
480 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation for 13 on a stag

Should also mention The City Gate which is a pub and hotel, close to the city centre. Good beer and food and they have 15 rooms, so you could take over the whole place.

www.citygatehotel.com/hotel-overview.php

7. Re: Accommodation for 13 on a stag

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Exeter