We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year in Exmoor - anything happening??

Cirencester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New Year in Exmoor - anything happening??

Hello, I have booked a cottage near Lynton for a break over New Year. Can anyone advise what (if anything) might be happening for New Year celebrations in the Exmoor area? Thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,929 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year in Exmoor - anything happening??

You can find Lynton and North Devon events via the link on this page:

www.thisisnorthdevon.co.uk/lynton?page=4

The North Walk Hotel seems to have something going on, but whether it is hotel guests only I do not know:

www.northwalkhouse.co.uk/newyear2009.htm

There may be more info updated nearer the time here, too:

http://www.lyntonandlynmouth.com/index.html

One New Years Eve my brother, hubby and I spent a lovely evening at the tiny cinema at Lynton, a magical experience and then driving home over the crisp dark moor was just fantastic!

Cirencester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year in Exmoor - anything happening??

Thanks Riotstar, will have a look at these websites again nearer the time. The little cinema sounds nice - have been past many times but never ventured in!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,929 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year in Exmoor - anything happening??

It is lovely, they even have an old style organ and everything! Hope you find something nice to celebrate the new year.

Cirencester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year in Exmoor - anything happening??

Thanks Riotstar - hopefully wont be snowed in or flooded out !! have found an 'owl flying' experience advertised near Porlock, so will give that a go probably as well as the Lynton cinema. A lot of lovely walking as well, I hope - should fill up the time. Julie x

5. Re: New Year in Exmoor - anything happening??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Exmoor National Park