We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunny lyn holiday park

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
sunny lyn holiday park

hi all, anyone know what the lodges are like at sunny lyn? anyone been there? it looks a lovely campsite, I was also wondering about what wildlife I may see/ walks directly from the camp. thanks

4 replies to this topic
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,788 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunny lyn holiday park

I haven't been in the lodges but I do know the camp and the area. It is lovely. Has 5* from TA

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186257-d3749… There is lots to do in the area coast, woodland and moorland with natural & National Trust attractions nearby. A little comfortable cinema at Lynton showing the latest films in Dolby surround sound for £5.

Walking direct from the camp you will get bird sightings but little else. However you are so near the moors and driving up Countisbury Hill (Lynmouth) you come up on the moors. The views are stunning over coast and moorland. Up there you will find the unique Exmoor Ponies and hawks of various types. It is also a designated dark skies area so fabulous at night, more stars than you may have seen before.

The best way to see the Red Deer and other things is one of the local safaris that pick up from Lynmouth. They will take you into the heart of the moor and know where the Red Deer and other animals are

http://www.exmoorsafari.co.uk/

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunny lyn holiday park

Thanks Sue, I was hoping to spot the odd otter if I got up early enough!! we'll see

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunny lyn holiday park

So this is a couple years after the original question but can't comment on the Cottages however the camping is wonderful!

We are two people walking the Sth West Coast Path with all our stuff including tents! So our packs are pretty heavy. We booked Sunny Lyn Camping a day before by phone and used Luggage Transfer to deliver our packs (after acquiring horrid blisters!). We of course arrived pretty late to camp (around 7:30pm) and reception was closed.

We were super impressed to see a little welcome sign in the window that told us where our allocated pitch was as well as another little sign to indicates where our packs were stored safe and sound! It was so lovely after a long, hard day on the trail to be looked after by Sunny Lyn!!!

Best Hot shower I have experienced so far with so much power! And free.

There is a laundry room (closes at 6pm) and an area to wash dishes.

No Kitchen as such (as in no microwave or kettle which is not unusual). Cute cafe that serves breakfast at a bargain price (I think £6 for large full english) and a little shop for any other camping stuff including disposable bbqs and lighter fluid etc.

There is a little pub right next door which has a Thai Menu, reasonably priced and authentic flavours (although they provide chopsticks but thought Thai use fork and spoon..?).

The high street of fabulous Lynton is only a short walk away. It's quicker to take the main road which has a steep down and up but more pleasant to take the back way on Lynway rd away from traffic and only a small uphill walk at the beginning.

Lynton has plenty of small grocery stores such as costcutters and londis.

Camping was at a 'walkers rate' of £6.50 each.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,788 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunny lyn holiday park

Thanks for the info Sharikasaurus, I've passed it many times and it's a lovely spot.

Reply to: sunny lyn holiday park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Exmoor National Park