We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Belfast to Plymouth

belfast
1 post
Save Topic
from Belfast to Plymouth

Hi everyone

I need to travel to Plymouth from Belfast and I d like to find out which is the cheapest way.

Any advice?

thanks!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from Belfast to Plymouth

Combo of flying and train I should say.

Look at skyscanner.net for flight options then nationalrail.co.uk for trains.

If you're booking far enough ahead the train fair should be pretty low too.

Nothing direct to Plymouth that I can see but next best are probably Exeter or Newquay though bear in mind getting from airport to station.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
707 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from Belfast to Plymouth

If you are flying then you can fly Belfast to Exeter www.flybe.com

or to Bristol. www.rynair.com

Exeter City Centre to Plymouth is about 1 hour by road or rail. Frequent rail service approx hourly or more often.

Bristol City Centre - Plymouth approx 2 hour journey time. Again frequent rail service.

To get Exeter or Bristol to their city centres shouldn't be a problem as think buses ae available.

Don't know which is best fare as it all depends on availability. Just book asap.

Rail fares can also be obtained cheaply if you book early.

Once oyu have dates I can check full info for you & if you need any info on Plymouth just ask. Hope this has helped so far.

Kentisbeare, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from Belfast to Plymouth

I work for Flybe in Exeter airport.

We fly from Belfast City Airport to Exeter once a day, daily. Or if you are nearer to Dublin we do Dublin to Exeter once a day.

To get the cheapest fares,..BOOK EARLY, book online and try if you can to avoid peak days (fridays and sundays) midweek is always quieter and cheaper.

We only accept passengers with photo id at check in. There is also a baggage charge for checked in baggage (£4 per bag online and £7 per bag at airport or over phone). Ryan air also charge for baggage.

4. Re: from Belfast to Plymouth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 03:16