We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firework Championships

Angmering, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Firework Championships

Hi, Im thinking of visiting Plymouth to see the firework championship this year.

Ive read reviews saying The Hoe and Citadel are the best viewing locations, but other places have also been suggested including the Cliffs.

As I will be coming from Cornwall, and will have 2 young children with me, I was wondering whether it is possible to view them from further out or if anyone had any other recommendations? Im just a little concerned that it might take us hours to get out of the city!

Also, does anyone know what happens if it is rainy? do the fireworks go ahead still?

Thanks in advance

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Firework Championships

Hi there. The fireworks go on whatever the weather. Hoe is great for atmosphere. Lots of people head over to jennycliff on the other side of the sound. Mount batten is also good. You could try west hoe.... Or devils point.. Behind the amazing royal william yard....

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Firework Championships

I seem to recall a few years back driving through Plymouth, that many people were parked up just off the A374 at the top of a multi-storey car park!

Brilliant view, & I guess it enabled a quick getaway.

Depends how close you want to be!

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,563 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Firework Championships

We were in a restaurant on Sutton Harbour one night(actually daughter's birthday!) of the fireworks competition and got an excellent view. It wasn't any bother getting there either as we are from Cornwall too.

4. Re: Firework Championships

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 21:35
Looe
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Firework Championships

Where are you staying in Cornwall? If on the South Coast between Cawsand Fowey you can view from Mount Edgcumbe Parkland. If applicable check details with Looe TIC, I've never been so don't know the best spots, and you can stay in/near your car with the young children.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,340 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Firework Championships

Call me biased, but if it's fireworks you want, then Sussex is the place to be ;-)

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Firework Championships

I recommend borringdon golf club in plympton they have an all you can eat BBQ, kids entertainment and the traffic will be a lot easier to deal with.

8. Re: Firework Championships

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2016, 06:19