We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving time from Plymouth to Hammersmith

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Driving time from Plymouth to Hammersmith

How long would we generally need to drive from Plymouth to Hammersmith, London, on a Tuesday, without counting food and petrol stops? Roughly how far is it ?(my map doesn't have distances on it)

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,980 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving time from Plymouth to Hammersmith

These sites will tell you -

www.theaa.co.uk

www.viamichelin.com

My guess is 6 hours, 300 miles. Try the A303 for countryside and avoiding motorways.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving time from Plymouth to Hammersmith

Thank you; it sounds it is ok to do it in a day. I have a habit of timing European trips as I would in the Aussie outback and I really got sick of arriving places at 8pm last time (especially in Ireland where my guidebook said there is little traffic. Ha Ha how out of date.)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving time from Plymouth to Hammersmith

Should be no more than 4.5 hours on a bike!

Bit over 200 miles. The 303 is maybe worth considering as it is a straighter line but if you bomb up to Bristol and in on the M4 it practically takes you right there! Hardly need your indicators!

4. Re: Driving time from Plymouth to Hammersmith

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 17:18