We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nino's Italian Restaurant, Torquay

Which Torquay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Sussex, UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Nino's Italian Restaurant, Torquay

I am visting Torquay again in a few months time. Although I have been going to Torquay for years - can anyone tell me what Nino's Italian Restaurant, in Wellswood, Torquay is like??

Exeter, United...
Destination Expert
for Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, English Riviera, Exeter
Level Contributor
352 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nino's Italian Restaurant, Torquay

Ninos is a very friendly place. Not very large, and can sometimes be a bit cramped if they are full. But it is lovely and i used to go there often (not living so close now) Nino and his wife are very welcoming and it is definately home cooked fayre.

You could spend hours looking at all the pictures and trinkets around the place.

It is not an expensive place and well worth a visit.

West Sussex, UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nino's Italian Restaurant, Torquay

Thank u for that. I am going to Torquay in May, and seriously considering both Nino's & the Hare and Hounds. As I have never really self catered in Torquay before and have always stayed in a hotel, it will be nice to try some of these local places out!! I have regularly stayed in the Wellswood area and always thought that Nino's looked nice (& I have heard some good 'comments' on it from other guests at the hotel). I have also passed the Hare & Hounds on many occasions on the way out of Torquay but have never stopped - it's good to know that both are worth a visit! I am not obsessed with food by the way, its just always good to hear what other people think - I am counting down the weeks!!!

Exeter, United...
Destination Expert
for Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, English Riviera, Exeter
Level Contributor
352 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nino's Italian Restaurant, Torquay

I thought everyone was obsessed with food.... is it just me then???

There are a few things that have to be good on a holiday. Quality of accommodation and quality of food is very much up there at the top of my list thats for sure.

I hope you like Nino's and Hare and Hounds.

torbay
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nino's Italian Restaurant, Torquay

Nino's is fab. Hare and Hounds is on the main road leading from Newton Abbot to Torquay and you will drive past it no doubt on the way down (only one main road in and out of Torbay) Hare and Hounds does a good carvery

York, England
Level Contributor
37 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nino's Italian Restaurant, Torquay

We visited Nino's last week on the strength of these comments and thought it was excellent. Beautiful homemade pannacotta with chocolate sauce.... yummy.

6. Re: Nino's Italian Restaurant, Torquay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 05:25