We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Hotel Recommendations wanted

Which Torquay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Good Hotel Recommendations wanted

Having just spent some time in Bournmouth on holiday where I go every year I was fancying some time in Torquay ,where I havn't stayed for some 10 yrs, later this year.

I had heard that Torquay had " gone down" due to hen parties and stag do's .

Not all of us can afford to stay in the expensive hotels in Meadfoot .

I do recall happy holidays spent in a hotel on Daddyhole plain , now I'm not up to walking so far out , but still need a good hotel.

Any recommendations?

Peterborough
Level Contributor
379 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Hotel Recommendations wanted

We have stayed a few times at the TLH resort a collection of four hotels We prefer the 3* Carlton hotel

Very reasonable pricing and good accomodation check out their website

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Hotel Recommendations wanted

We have stayed at Lincombe Hall on Meadfoot Road several times and it is really good.They always have offers on so many bargains to be had so check out the web page.Also stayed at TLH and they are good value, a bit busy in the school holidays but quieter out of holidays. Worth checking the web for them.

Exeter, United...
Destination Expert
for Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, English Riviera, Exeter
Level Contributor
352 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Hotel Recommendations wanted

If you could give me more of any idea of what you are looking for (ie. b&b, half board, distance from town, car parking etc i could try to suggest some for you.

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,500 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Hotel Recommendations wanted

Lincombe Hall is situated up a steep hill. Not far to walk to the harbour and shops,but the hill can be a toughie if you aren't fit!

I believe it has been taken over by new owners now and refurbished and the offers they keep sending us look very tempting. (Our first stay with the original owners was really good,but they had let it go downhill the next time we went.)

The Premier Inn,on the corner of Belgrave road by the bridge, is in a good location and a nice flat walk into the town & harbour (Used to be the Belgrave Hotel a few years back when we previously stayed there). We enjoyed our stay there and got a good price in the main summer weeks as well!

Good 'Premier Inn' accommodation and a bonus where it is situated.

We would certainly return there when next in Torquay! (Don't go for the restaurant meals though....the bar meals are much cheaper and better value for money!)

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Hotel Recommendations wanted

Try the Imperial Hotel or The Palace Hotel if you want really good hotels in Torquay

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Hotel Recommendations wanted

We couldn't do the area around Lincombe Hall now, too steep

The TLH only do shared rooms we want seperate rooms .

As it is we are only being offered doubles as singles @ £50 b and b I think that is far too expensive .

We will have a look at The Premier Inn website .

Edited: 05 July 2010, 20:53
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Hotel Recommendations wanted

Re The Premier Inn I guess tho' that that will be shared accomodation?

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Hotel Recommendations wanted

You will not get the Premier Inn in Torquay within your budget. It is a prime location

Spain
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Hotel Recommendations wanted

We've just returned today from two nights half board at Lincombe Hall hotel. Would not go again! We had many issues & there are far too many other hotels to go to than risk them ruining my break again.

Spain
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Hotel Recommendations wanted

I've written a review of our experience at Lincombe Hall hotel . We arrived 9th July 2010 for two nights half board. I forgot to add in my review that the last long staircase was very steep, very tiring after walking up many other stairs to reach that staircase! Only the fittest of the fit should book rooms up there (4 rooms 23, 24, 25 & ours, 26)

Edited: 12 July 2010, 12:20