We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling fair and beach bbq

Which Torquay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling fair and beach bbq

Are there any funfairs in Torbay at Whitsun week?

We are regular visitors and usually find them by accident but it would be nice to know in advance.

Also are there any secluded beaches or riverside locations that we can have an evening discreet BBQ?

We are camping in Stoke Gabriel so Paignton Area would be first choice but anywhere from Dawlish – Kingsbridge Area

Many thanks

Exeter, United...
Destination Expert
for Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, English Riviera, Exeter
Level Contributor
352 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling fair and beach bbq

Although I have not had any notification of funfairs I'm sure there will be one in Paignton (often on the green by the main beach) or torquay on torre abbey sands.

They would normally advertise in the paper at the time but not before so ask your hotel staff if they know or if they have a paper.

Bbqs - you could go to broadsands or elbury cove, they are both fairly open beaches but I can't imagine they would be packed in the evenings. Depends on what you mean by secluded.

Man sands would also be a good choice between brixham and kingswear, bit of a walk from the car park and no facilities, but likely to be more secluded because of that. Google it to see what you think and about the walk to it.

Coventry
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling fair and beach bbq

Thank you for your reply; by secluded I didn't mean anything sinister (LOL) just a little private away from the crowds.

It’s my daughter's 15th Birthday and we are camping with 4 of her friends they are at that age where they still really enjoy behaving like children as long as no-one is watching (then they feel they have to be "cool" and "grown up" and we (the parents) become of great embarrassment especially if we suggest something; which we know they secretly love such as a game of cricket or worse digging a sandcastle!)

- last time we had an evening beach bbq we went to Slapton and it was busy with people bbq- ing especially young adults late teens enjoying a drink or two and being a little rowdy (but harmless) which can be a little intimidating when you are 14/15 (although great fun when you are 20)

Also importantly a secluded area where we are not going to get told off! - As I have been done in the past in Salcombe/Kingsbridge area.

Ref Fair – what are the local newspapers?

3. Re: Travelling fair and beach bbq

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2012, 05:18