We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Torquay short stay

Level Contributor
547 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Our Torquay short stay

Well we arrived in Torquay last week by train to surprisingly nice weather, we sat at the harbour for a drink and in the evening had a meal in The Hole In The Wall pub resturant which i must say was very good. Later i ventured next door to the Devon Arms were i listened to a class Jazz quartet.

Through the night the weather went downhill so we paid £4.90 for a day bus pass each and visited Brixham where i got drenched, and Paignton were we watched Wimbledon in the warmth of a pub out of the rain.

On the final day we visited Babbacombe (don't walk downhill to the beach/Cary Arms unless your fit) but unfortunately could not get a seat at Angels tea rooms due to them being so busy.

Back at Torquay we by pure chance came upon the gorgeous cafe on the top floor of Hoopers Shop with lovely views of the harbour, their cake selection is to die for in spotless surroundings, well worth a visit.

One afternoon in one small break in the weather we decided to buy some food from a nearby shop and eat while sitting at the harbour which in hindsight was a mistake for the price we could have had far better food elsewhere.

All in all a very nice return to places the wife and i had visited more than 25 years ago with young children, sadly the weather hadn't changed.

Edited: 11 July 2012, 11:23
Level Contributor
29,450 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Torquay short stay

Glad you enjoyed yourselves, despite the dire weather we are all suffering.

Nice to have a little trip report of somewhere different in the UK.

2. Re: Our Torquay short stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 05:45
Get answers to your questions about Torquay
Recent Conversations