We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Derbyshire, Uk
Level Contributor
262 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hi we are looking to spend a few nights B&B in Torquay at the beginning of July. We would like somewhere to stay that is quite modern and clean and approx £50 per night for the room. We are a couple late 20's/early 30's.

Oxnard, California
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Hi 1pink lady,

I would suggest you check out the Meadfoot Bay Hotel. Their website is www.meadfoot.com. They advertise rates at £40.00 per person per night B&B or £57.00 per night with dinner. The hotel is in a wonderful area of Torquay overlooking Meadfoot Bay. One of the owners is the designated area expert on this forum. We are staying across the street in a flat at the Hesketh Crescent in June. If we were only staying a few days instead of two weeks I would surly book at the Meadfoot. Hope this suggestion works for you. John

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Hello Devonborn,

Thank you for recommending our hotel, I wanted to let you know that i have actually sold the hotel and will not be there when you visit in June. However the new owners are fantastic and i would have no hesitation in staying there myself.

I am still living in the area and i am still providing my free advise on this forum (for what its worth) I plan to take some time off this summer and enjoy Torbay in the sunshine.

Pink Lady - I am unable to recommend places to stay (as being a very newly ex-hotelier it is unethical )which is why I didn’t reply straight away to your post. But the prices that have been quoted by Devonborn are the one night price, if you stay longer the price reduces.

If you want any advise or help on Torquay or the surrounding areas let me know and i will see what I can do to help.

All the best Tc

3. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about Torquay
Recent Conversations