We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

Which Torquay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxton, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
216 reviews
Save Topic
Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

Ok so I fell madly in love with the pictures/videos of Torquay and thought I might like to visit with my kids (1 + 10) that was untill somebody recently mentioned that when they went, the majority of holidaymakers were intent on one thing only.. getting wasted! or/and there were the clans of loud, rowdy, no holds barred in the language department when addressing their children variety..okay am no snob! I love a good time! I was once 20+..I just always held respect for others and just need to know that I can find the same here and can enjoy a beautiful holiday without spending it biting my lip ;0)

Oxton, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

Will check that out Rosie!

I exchanged Cava for Caffiene years ago when I realised that alchohol just didnt agree with me, and at least with caffiene I have the advantage of clearing a room with my incessant chatting!! If I want to be alone haha.

Another question (wasnt sure wether to make a seperate post) is `were to stay` we have to have somewhere clean and considering we`ll spend most evenings in, then nothing too small and to quiet, was thinking of The Grand hotel but looking at reviews it may not tick my o.c.d boxes in terms of cleanliness!

Peterborough
Level Contributor
381 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

As you have children would not choose the Grand also no parking

Look up TLH cant think of better if you have children all the on site entertainment you could want - large complex of 4 hotels with indoor and outdoor pools bowling ally ect

Have stayed at two of the hotels Carlton and Derwent both fine Carlton a bit more up market but they are seaside hotels but have always found them clean and tidy

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

Mr and Mrs: All places are easy to visit by car. You may also like to have a look around Totnes which has some nice pubs along the river; Dartington Hall; Dartington Cider Press; China Blue (children get to paint their own pottery)

I also like Teignmouth for a day out. We usually park at Shaldon and get the passenger boat over to Teignmouth.

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

The Grand Hotel does have parking. It also has an indoor and outdoor pool. We occasionally go there for Sunday Lunch.

The Charterhouse seems to be getting some good reviews at the moment also have a look at the Imperial Hotel.

Peterborough
Level Contributor
381 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

Sorry never noticed a car park at the Grand thought it used the Station car park

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

Hi,I can recommend the Imperial Hotel.....a 5 min stroll to the marina,shops,restaurants & bars (also the Beacon Quay Harvester mentioned in a previous post).It's located on a cliff with superb views over the sea.There's an indoor & outdoor pool,health club,beauty treatments,kids activities inc games room & play area,babysitting service & family rooms for 4,There is car parking which u hav to pay for (unfortunately!!!)From around £7.00.

I've also stayed at the Corbyn Head Hotel a few yrs ago at Easter,which we found nice,but that's around a 15 min stroll in2 the town centre and didn't cater so well for families.Did hav a luvly Easter Sunday lunch there thou!!

I visited Torquay last in April of this yr.Was staying in Paignton this time as had friends wedding there,but had a nice half a day out walking around the marina,having lunch & a few drinks & mooching around.Very nice.....

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

Nearly all places mentioned are easily accessible by car except the Cary Arms although the views are stunning. It is at the bottom of a very steep narrow windy road. Not for the faint hearted. I try to avoid and I'm a local taxi driver. But there is a cliff railway at other end of the bay and you are able to walk round.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

There are so many hotels in the Bay, the Imperial Hotel is situated right on the seafront with amazing views & food is lovely & a short walk into the town,this is a 5* hotel, The Grand is a 4* close to the train station, also on the seafront but on the main road, if its a budget hotel there is a Premier inn also on the front, or you have got Belgrave Road which is full of hotels, TLH Leisure resort (kids would love this) or abut more up market the Osbourne Hotel which is more set back from the town etc but also has lovely views : )

Oxton, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

Thankyou All! spoilt for choice...now my only dillema is wether to visit in Summer with my two boys or visit in October when my eldest is away in Barcelona? :0)

Peterborough
Level Contributor
381 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

I would choose summer although it is a year round resort dark nights and weather do not allow you to see it at its best

I love Torbay but would not bother to go in October

If you want to go this summer would book now I did it several weeks ago but could not get the choice of hotel and rooms I wanted

Edited: 26 June 2013, 19:22