We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

Oxton, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
246 reviews
Save Topic
Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

Ok so I fell madly in love with the pictures/videos of Torquay and thought I might like to visit with my kids (1 + 10) that was untill somebody recently mentioned that when they went, the majority of holidaymakers were intent on one thing only.. getting wasted! or/and there were the clans of loud, rowdy, no holds barred in the language department when addressing their children variety..okay am no snob! I love a good time! I was once 20+..I just always held respect for others and just need to know that I can find the same here and can enjoy a beautiful holiday without spending it biting my lip ;0)

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

Defiantly the summer : )

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,929 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

I say definitely the summer as well.

TLH is good for the kids in the school summer hols and kids under 10 go free ;)

4 Hotels(Derwent,Victoria,Carlton and Toorak) all interlinked with kids/teens clubs , a good leisure club and plenty going on both day and night. Derwent is the cheapest but more rough and ready and we only stayed once... our bathroom sink was in the bedroom and we had to stand in the bath to close the bathroom door! We've stayed in all 4 hotels and The Carlton is our favourite, with a mixture of ages. Victoria attracts the oldies, Toorak quieter and nice rooms, more older with not so many kids in there when we've been . But it's only meals you take in the seperate hotels and can use all facilities. Also got good self catering apartments in the complex which we enjoyed staying in.

When we enquired about parking at The Grand we were informed it's very limited and mostly for disabled.Told we would most likely have to park at the station next door,especially in the summer months.

Preston Sands at Paignton - nice beach and a green behind the beach huts. (We're actually staying in a hotel facing it in a few weeks time)

Paignton Green ,on the seafront, has kiddies entertainment during the summer hols as well. 19th-24th Aug is childrens week this year but there are various things going on all the summer.

Goodrington with the boating lakes in the park, go-karting and Waterpark etc.

Catch a boat over to Brixham from Torquay and Paignton........there is an open air seawater swimming pool which was free to use ,with lifeguards and just a short walk from the harbour area.

We have been staying in Torquay since our son was a baby and he's now 17 . We've always found it ok in the harbour area bars at night...the clubbers tend to go out really late evening/early morning so we've never witnessed any real rowdiness . In the daytime we enjoy walking between Babbacombe-Torquay-Paignton but there are plenty of buses,trains,boat trips etc.

Edited: 28 June 2013, 18:28
23. Re: Do Jeremy Kylers or wild Bachelors visit here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Torquay
Recent Conversations