We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel with indoor swimming pool

somerset uk
Level Contributor
155 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
hotel with indoor swimming pool

Hi its my husbands 50th birthday in January, and i wanted to book somewhere nice for a couple of nights with a indoor pool,

Our kids thought it would be great if they could surprised him by turning up on the second night in the pool , then later we could have a nice dinner? we haven't got lots of money and was hoping to spend about 70-75 per night to include dinner is this realistic? thanks for your help

Exeter, United...
Destination Expert
for Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, English Riviera, Exeter
Level Contributor
352 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel with indoor swimming pool

Hello,

There are a few Hotels that might fit your requirements and the good thing about January is there are likely to have some good deals around.

Places you could look at would be

Palace Hotel, Torquay http://www.palacetorquay.com/

Grand Hotel, Torquay bestwestern.co.uk/content/…83806

Imperial Hotel, Torquay paramount-hotels.co.uk/hotels/…

These are highly rated hotels and therefore might not suit your budget.

TLH Leisure Resorts - have a few hotels and a spa

www.tlh.co.uk

Rainbow International Hotel http://www.rainbow-hotel.co.uk/

Grosvenor Hotel www.grosvenorhoteltorquay.co.uk/home.html

These are likely to be lower costs.

I cant think of any small hotels that have indoor swimming pools, but hope this list helps

somerset uk
Level Contributor
155 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel with indoor swimming pool

Thankyou very much T C25 for your help, i will get in touch with all the above hotels this weekend, i will post a report of the event in january, thanks again

Exeter, United...
Destination Expert
for Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, English Riviera, Exeter
Level Contributor
352 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel with indoor swimming pool

No Problem, Hope you have some sucess. If you need more information on Torquay then just post here and i will see what i can do to help.

Looking forward to your report after your visit.

Tc

Essex
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel with indoor swimming pool

Hi,

I've just been to the Grosvenor and they had a romanitc Just the 2 of Us package, would suggest you contact them as we had a fabulous stay.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel with indoor swimming pool

Hiya just got back from torquay, stayed in the bancourt hotel in avenue way £ 31.50 pp. d/b/and breakfast. Food and entertainment was fantastic. They have an indoor heated pool, we never used it but it looked lovely. Not far from the main town £ 4.00 in taxi and plenty of parking for your car. Hope this has been of some help to you, have a nice time where ever you stay. Snoopy

Fleet, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel with indoor swimming pool

We stayed at the TLH Torak Hotel 3 times last year and really enjoyed it. It's there top hotel (there's 4 in the complex all interlinked via corridoors) with lovely big spacious rooms, a lovely drawing room for afternoon tea and relaxing, various bars and restaurants. There is a large indoor leisure centre with a lovely big pool, smaller one which is very warm plus steam, sauna and Jacuzzi. There's also an indoor bowls arena and games area with ten pin bowling, bar, snooker, pool, etc. There's evening entertainment which seemed popular although we didn't use this much. A great place and very central (5 mins to the promenade) and the staff are very friendly and helpful. It's family run too, which I think reflects in the running of it, very personal. It would be very good for a reunion and plenty of space for everyone to do their own thing. Good luck with your choice and enjoy ...

somerset uk
Level Contributor
155 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel with indoor swimming pool

Thanks for your posts will be looking into your suggestions

thankyou

8. Re: hotel with indoor swimming pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 04:17