We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lydford recommendations

Which Torquay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
washington, dc
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lydford recommendations

We will be attending a wedding at Buckland House (from U.S.) at the end of May. One of the areas recommended for lodging is Lydford. We are considering staying at Lydford House. Any recommendations on that or other lodging in the area between Lydford and Buckland House? Recommendations for other sites, particulalry for a family with school-age children? Restaurants? Teas?

Exeter, United...
Destination Expert
for Torquay, Paignton, Brixham, English Riviera, Exeter
Level Contributor
352 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lydford recommendations

Hello Utklevnor

This has been posted in the wrong forum as not very close to Torquay.

I have created a new general DEVON Post for you, but you will need to find that one for any replies or post it again yourself. Good luck

Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lydford recommendations

Hello,

I would recommend the Castle Inn in Lydford - if you Google it, it should come up. We stayed overnight there once and it was excellent value for money. The standard of food in the restaurant was very high. The Dartmoor Inn is also highly renowned although I haven't had first hand experience myself.

3. Re: Lydford recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 16:19