We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Falmouth to Totnes

Missouri USA
Level Contributor
400 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Falmouth to Totnes

Is there a way by water from Falmouth to Totnes in June?

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Falmouth to Totnes

If you mean by scheduled ferry service the answer is no.

Falmouth is a relatively large port but only has ferry services by small launches to the villages within the Fal estuary.

Totnes no longer has any commercial shipping but is served by small passenger ferries from Dartmouth - more like sight seeing trips really.

Realistically the only way to do it would be to try and get a lift on someone's yacht but that's another issue altogether.

Missouri USA
Level Contributor
400 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Falmouth to Totnes

Thank you. I thought I would check. I probably won't be able to hitch a ride on a yacht, so I will just come by train.

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Falmouth to Totnes

You could always catch a bus from Falmouth to Truro. Then take the National Express coach to Plymouth and finally another bus to Totnes.

It would take you somewhere in the region of 3-4 hours but if you're in no particular hurry and don't have too much luggage it may be worth thinking about.

"Phil the bus" (if he's watching this post) may be in a better position to advise.

Cornwall,UK
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Isles of Scilly
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Falmouth to Totnes

Train will take roughly 2-3 hours depending on waiting for connections at Truro and probably Plymouth.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Falmouth to Totnes

Yes I am monitoring this post, but on this occasion I think that I would probably recommend the train as well !

However Clemrick, if you want help in exploring the bus/coach option, let me know the date and times that you want to make it and I will see what I can do.

Phil-the-Bus

6. Re: Falmouth to Totnes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 14:19