We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable hotel near Monkey World?

essex uk
Level Contributor
138 posts
25 reviews
Reasonable hotel near Monkey World?

Hi there,

Me and a couple of friends would like to visit Monkey World in the very near future. We will be coming from Essex so as its quite a drive we would like to stay the night. Can anybody recommend a hotel that is reasonably priced and close to Monkey World? I dont mind if its a Travelodge or Premier Inn type hotel. Although I have been looking at Premier Inn just now and they are quite expensive!

Many Thanks

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London, Windsor
Level Contributor
8,030 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Reasonable hotel near Monkey World?

Have a look at this website for suggestions:

www.monkeyworld.org/accommodation.php?type=bb

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Reasonable hotel near Monkey World?

What budget are you looking at for your hotel ?

essex uk
Level Contributor
138 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Reasonable hotel near Monkey World?

I suppose around £50? Its only for one night x

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London, Windsor
Level Contributor
8,030 posts
62 reviews
4. Re: Reasonable hotel near Monkey World?

I think the website I gave you first off has several possibilities for you.

Swanage, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Reasonable hotel near Monkey World?

Monkey World is on the outskirts of a little village called Wool. The location is very rural, the nearest large towns are Poole (17 miles from Wool) and in the other direction is Weymouth (27 miles from Wool)

I think you would be better off scraping the travel lodge idea and going for a local B&B or a pub with rooms.

6. Re: Reasonable hotel near Monkey World?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 05:16