We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for carp fishing/horse riding holiday in Dorset?

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for carp fishing/horse riding holiday in Dorset?

My partner and I are looking for a self catering cottage in Dorset for August/September which would be centrally located for both carp fishing (him) and horse riding facilities (me); I don't have my own horse so am hoping to find a stable where I can take a few lessons as well. We'd also like somewhere with some nice walks, a few good village pubs or historic houses/gardens to visit as well - in short, everything!

Any advice on areas/villages in Dorset that might be a good base for these activities, or even places to stay would be most welcome!

Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
234 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for carp fishing/horse riding holiday in Dorset?

you could try: www.weymouthcamping.com

It offers all you want but advertises as being tented accommodation rather than cottage.

There is a holiday lodge park nearby, but i thinks iots owned by someone else. Its situated in Osmington, just outside Weymouth,I think you should be able find accommodation nearby and just do the riding and fishing there seperately

Alternatively Warmwell Holdiay Park, offers accommodation in lodges, and has fishing facilities, ski slope etc. You could then use Hillside Stable or Ranch House for the riding. - both in Weymouth.

hope this helps.

Edited: 29 May 2011, 18:58
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
234 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for carp fishing/horse riding holiday in Dorset?

The webiste for the holiday lodge place (& caravans) at Osmington is

www.osmingtonholidays.co.uk. and they advertise you can do riding and coarse fishing nearby. This would be done at the same lake/stable as weymouth camping i mentioned before

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
882 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for carp fishing/horse riding holiday in Dorset?

You may wish to consider East Devon as well. Good accommodation can be found on www.eastdevonexcellence.co.uk/stay, and horseriding is possible from Devenish Pitt (stunning location) zen63696.zen.co.uk/dprs/pages/rschool.html with carp fishing possible in many locations locally too.

Enjoy.

4. Re: Suggestions for carp fishing/horse riding holiday in Dorset?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 00:15