We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer or Corfe Castle for a week in January??

Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beer or Corfe Castle for a week in January??

Hello,

I'm looking to spend a week in January with my husband and my son (who'll be just under 2) in the East Devon/ West Dorset area. We don't know this part of the world that well as we usually head down to Cornwall but fancied a change.

We want to stay in a cottage on/close to to the coast but can't decide where - I though Beer in East Devon would make a good base for the week as there are shops and places to eat as well as the beach to play on and maybe some coastal walks whereas my husband likes the look of Corfe Castle but I was thinking there's not much going on there and we'd be more reliant on going out in the car everyday.

Can anyone advise please?!

London
Level Contributor
83 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Beer or Corfe Castle for a week in January??

Is the historic tramway still open at Seaton? I remember it as a fascinating attraction as a child in the 70s!

Seaton, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Beer or Corfe Castle for a week in January??

Yes it is. I've lived in Seaton since May and have yet to go on it. I think it is a bit expensive for what it is, but you may think differently!

13. Re: Beer or Corfe Castle for a week in January??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2013, 10:18