We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dorset

Nottingham, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Dorset

Hi,

Next week I'll be stopping in Christchurch for the week with my wife and 14 month old daughter.

We obviously plan to go to Bournmouth beach but don't really know the area or what is around.

I've looked on the internet and a few things such as the farm have come up but its hard to know what is worth doing.

So, I wondered if anyone could recommend anywhere else to go? With my daughter being so young and only walking a couple of months I wondered if anyone could give me some suitable ideas on places we could go and things to do?

Free things would obviously be great but anything that is worth paying for is worth a mention too!

Many thanks

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,960 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dorset

http://www.visitchristchurch.info/

http://www.visitbournemouth.com/

Swanage, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dorset

A stroll through Bournemouth Gardens is lovely, especially in this fab weather, see the teathered ballon and walk down to the front where the pier is and the carosel. Its all buggy friendly with green spaces for little ones to toddle about and stretch their legs.

The sealife centre in Bournemouth isnt free but its great for families

or try littledowncentre.co.uk/childrens-activities/ for more kids activities

Christchurch
Level Contributor
414 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dorset

Which side of Christchurch are you staying?

In Christchurch itself the Quay and Splash Park are very suitable for young children (there is a playground on the Quay also). If you don't want to head to Bournemouth you can walk round Mudeford Quay and along the beach towards Friars Cliff/Highcliffe. If weather is bad there is an indoor play area "Serendipity Sams" though in this weather hopefully you won't need it (there is a smaller one more suited to younger children in Southbourne "The Soft Play Cafe") and of course as indoors both aren't free)

Bit further afield but Moors Valley is free (bar the car parking) big play areas, lakes, ducks, walks in the forest and of course the miniature railway to ride on. Littledown Centre has been mentioned and also has a playground and splash pool but Christchurch Quay is preferable IMO

4. Re: Dorset

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 05:18