We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas 2013

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Christmas 2013

hi, im looking for a hotel to spend christmas with my family. 6 adults and a 4month old baby. We are ideally looking for somewhere that is not a long drive from london maximum 2hours, that serves Christmas lunch, a bonus would be that it has a spa. We only want to stay from the 24th to 26th December. Help please! Look forward to hearing your ideas :D

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas 2013

Hi there

Have you checked out any reviews for Dorset hotels here on TA? There are almost 200 listed in various towns. Just click on the green "hotels" tab at the top of the page. It's rather hard to make any suggestions without knowing which towns you might be considering. Do you want to be on the coast, or inland? If it's coast, then Dorset stretches from Christchurch in the east to Lyme Regis in the west, quite a long distance. According to whereabouts in London you are setting off from, you might struggle with the two hour limit to some parts of Dorset.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas 2013

Try Royal Bath, Bournemouth. Central to all amenities and great Spa.

Merriott, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas 2013

The Riviera in Alum Chine might fit your criteria, though you may have left it a bit late. I imagine most hotel spas will have limited opening or be shut entirely over your intended dates.

http://rivierabournemouth.co.uk

Edited: 20 November 2013, 14:00
4. Re: Christmas 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 08:35
Derby
Level Contributor
171 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas 2013

Do not try Royal Bath. Read the reviews. Awful place.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas 2013

Live in Bournemouth and Royal Bath is awesome, have had a drink their a few times, used the facilities a bit and was there for a wedding a month or so again. It is an old but plush hotel and has a lot of class. The reviews are sometimes fair, sometimes harsh as per all reviews but she is certainly not a bad hotel.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas 2013

The reviews for the Royal Bath ceertainly cover the spectrum, it has 1,391 reviews of which just 553 rate it as being excellent or very good, whilst the remaining 838 rate it as average, poor or terrible. But you do have to read between the lines, one recent reviewer only scored it as 3 star because the wi-fi didn't work.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas 2013

Recently they have gone through a few changes and they did a massive Groupon deal which I knew would end them in trouble. I was sat outside in their garden which has amazing sea views in the summer and had James Last sat next to me whilst listening to Katie Francesca, a highly acclaimed Jazz singer. It was like a different world but again, rain, wind etc, it is on a cliff so is quite open to the elements and it really suits people who like distinguished, older hotels than those who like the modern style.

I would stay here just for the spa

Derby
Level Contributor
171 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas 2013

Soaperman, sorry but I must disagree. Whilst the Royal Bath enjoys possibly the best location of any Bournemouth hotel, and indeed the gardens, and view from are spectacular there is no way I would stay in one of the rooms at a hotel that is undoubtedly past it's best, and in need of a serious refurb. I prefer the older hotels as well, but with 21st century appointed rooms. Will not be back, until it is owned by owners, who invest the serious funds required to give this grand old lady a facelift. In fact, considering the number of hotels, and the amount of money in the area, I think the quality of hotels generally in Bournemouth is quite poor.

Derby
Level Contributor
171 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas 2013

OP this is worth a look tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g190800-d1147…