We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing and restaurants

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Surfing and restaurants

Hi all,

Has anyone used the Surf school on the beach in Bournemouth? Was it any good?

Me and my wife are coming down in July, hoping to do a little bit of surfing (Only beginners!) so wondered what the surf was like?

Also, it is our wedding anniversary so a romantic nice restaurant would be ideal if anyone has some ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing and restaurants

You have Surf Steps - Bouremouth Surf School at Boscombe Beach which runs through to Bournemouth, This is where the new surf reef is to be although it is not completed yet. I know the owners & they have a good reputation.The surf really does vary on a daily basis.

As for resturants. There are two that I would recommend & we have eaten in them both.

1st :- Prezzo, 58 Westover Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH1 2BZ

01202 556399

2nd: Mandarin Chinese Restaurant, 194 - 198 Old Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH1 1PD. Telephone: (01202) 290681 or 552580

All of the above have websites.

Have you worked out where you are staying yet ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing and restaurants

Hi Hector,

Thank you for your reply, it was very useful.

I have got the hotels down to a shortlist of either The Hermitage Hotel, Ramada Encore or Premier Inn Central. We only have a budget of £100 a night and they seem pretty good (Rating on here also).

Any suggestions or advice on the above would be much appreciated.

Regards

Keir

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfing and restaurants

All the Hotels are bang smack in the centre of town. Could be very noisy. The Hermitage & Travel Inn right in the centre.

If you want a good hotel with views looking over the sea/bay, try The Carlton Hotel along Eastcliff.You can get really good deals. I took my wife & the girls their for my wifes birthday & we live just along the coast about two miles.We really enjoyed it. Food was great. Go for a balcony or seaview room & you will not go wrong. Eastcliff is just aout of the main hustle & bustle but close enough to walk in. A lot more romatic that being right in the main centre.

When in July are you coming to Bournemouth. Later in July & you get the fireworks on Thursday night across the bay in Poole & Friday night right next to the pier in Bournemouth.

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Surfing and restaurants

hi,

Thanks, I'll look that hotel up now.

It's from 17th - 19th July as its our wedding anniversary, romantic is definitely the order of the day so any otehr suggestions are really welcome.

Thank you for your help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Surfing and restaurants

Hi again,

Also, which Menzies hotel is the better one as there seem to be 2 next to each other?

Regards

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Surfing and restaurants

It is The Carlton not the East Cliff Court.

Are you driving down to Bournemouth or flying.

There are so many lovely places here, that sometimes people come here see the beach , pier , shops & think that is it.

If you are looking for a show & Im not sure what is on at present. You have the BIC (Bournemouth International Centre ) or the Pavilion.

The walks along the seafront are great. From the Pier down towards the Chimes or the other way in the direction of Hengistbury Head. Places to stop & eat etc are avalible right on the beach.

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Surfing and restaurants

Thanks.

Got a quote from the carlton but its about £150 a night with a Sea View which is slightly too much for us unfortunately.

Where did you get your deal from?

Thanks

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Surfing and restaurants

Try the Marsham Court Hotel or The Hotel Miramar. Thes are just down the road from the Carlton.

You can get good prices by looking around on various hotel deals website.

9. Re: Surfing and restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Bournemouth