We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap cheap cheap hostel Bournemouth/poole/Corfe mullen

Manchester
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
cheap cheap cheap hostel Bournemouth/poole/Corfe mullen

Can anyone recomend any super duper cheap hostels in the bournemouth/poole/corfe mullen area.

its for fri 11th to sun 13th 9 a big ask i know0

its for 2 people.....were down visiting friends but were both skint and need it as cheap as possible.

Have looked online but cheapest im finding is about £30pppn!

Thanks

Peterborough
Level Contributor
398 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap cheap cheap hostel Bournemouth/poole/Corfe mullen

You havent said which month

But I expect £30 per night might be as cheap as it gets for bournemouth

I have had a quick look on line but even Travelodge or Holiday Inn express are much more

Could try late rooms nearer the time can sometimes get a deal but would expect to pay quite a bit more at a weekend

Have stayed at the Durley Dene on West cliff a few times and seem to remember a hotel on the opposite side offering rooms quite cheap perhaps someone local might be able to help

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap cheap cheap hostel Bournemouth/poole/Corfe mullen

Have you tried Youth Hostels? they are usually cheap, clean and fun. Dont know the area you are asking about but they are countrywide.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap cheap cheap hostel Bournemouth/poole/Corfe mullen

At present there are a few guest houses around the West Cliffe area of Bournemouth at present that are showing on boards outside prices cheaper than £30 PPPN . A couple are around the £22 mark what they are like I have no idea.

When are you thinking of coming to Bournemouth

Manchester
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap cheap cheap hostel Bournemouth/poole/Corfe mullen

Thanks for youre help everyone!

looking at coming in June so i know its a big ask to find cheap rooms!

i remember when hostels used to be dirt cheap..now they are almost the same as hotels!!

Bournemouth, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap cheap cheap hostel Bournemouth/poole/Corfe mullen

Hi

Try ringing small hotels on westcliff direct through their websites, the online booking rates are almost always higher due to the cut taken by the sites. If you want the best deal call them and ask for their best price. £30 per night in June sounds about right for most of the cheaper Bournemouth hotels, midweek it would be cheaper tho.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap cheap cheap hostel Bournemouth/poole/Corfe mullen

I can second what is being said in the last message. Family members have a Guest House in Torquay. If you ring them direct they will give you a better rate .

The rates for using websites like the .com one if you know what I mean can take / charge any where between 15% to 40% of the price dependent on how much the guest house / hotel wants them to push your place. So this up's the price.

So where possible they try to get people to book direct. thus cutting our the middle man.

7. Re: cheap cheap cheap hostel Bournemouth/poole/Corfe mullen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2010, 05:16