We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help needed...

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
52 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
help needed...

Hi,

I'm looking into doing a one day course that is situated on the Seabourne road, just down from Pokesdown station.

The travel connections from my departure point are diabolical to use public transport, which would have made more sense. So, I'm looking at taking my car.

As I say, it's just one day and I'll be looking to arrive at my destination no later than 09.30 for a 10.00 start.

I'll be using the A337 from Lymington and then A35 Christchurch road and then dropping into Seabourne road from the junction that's near to the train station.

My two questions are...

Has that route got a reputation of being a bottle neck? It's only about 15 miles and 34 minutes according to route planner, but that means nothing in the reality of things!

Parking!! There is a car park in Seabourne road which would be perfect, but it only has 25 or so spaces so I need a back up plan. Street view makes it look a busy area, too busy for on street parking for a whole day? I don't want to be walking miles to my car in a place I don't know.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help needed...

You will need a lot longer than that to get to Seabourne Road. You have quite a few bottle necks along that route especially at that time of the day , especially along the Christchurch bypass & then between Christchurch & Iford (Barrack Road).

The carpark in Seabourne road is no longer there . It is flats. You can park in any of the side roads to the left along this road as there are no restrictions

Mentioned in this post
Christchurch
Christchurch
Dorset, UK
Christchurch
Level Contributor
417 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help needed...

I'd probably say if you are getting there for 9.30 then the 40-50 minute train from Lymington Pier to Pokesdown would probably almost be as quick as the drive will be.

Depending on your dates Barrack Road in Christchurch has roadworks for the next couple of weeks which will cause big tailbacks when the schools go back. Even on normal days it won't be the best unless you can work out the back route through Tuckton to Southbourne

Mentioned in this post
Christchurch
Christchurch
Dorset, UK
Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
52 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help needed...

Thankyou both. As I said above, the train would have been my first choice. I'm over tomorrow and if I have time I may do the journey and see what it's like. Those roadworks are bad timing!

Good news though, have found out they have their own carpark, which I wasn't expecting.

4. Re: help needed...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Bournemouth