We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoburne Park Mudeford

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
Hoburne Park Mudeford

Has anyone visited Hoburne caravan park at Mudeford recently? We are thinking of booking for June 2011 with a 2 year old and would appreciate any feedback. There are reviews on Hoburne Naish but not Hoburne Park. Also, can entertainment passes be used at other Hoburne sites? Thanks.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Hoburne Park Mudeford

Know of that particular site but it is a bit of a walk to the beach.

You might want to look at Sandhills Holiday Park. It is right on the seafront & has everything around it,

parkholidaysuk.com/uk-holiday-parks-caravan-…

Edited: 01 November 2010, 18:03
Bournemouth, United...
2 posts
2. Re: Hoburne Park Mudeford

I went there a fair few years ago and I can say it was wonderful. However, it was a few years ago now so it may have changed but I would have recommended back then - Naish is amazing though and I used to have a chalet there - you can walk to mudeford along the beach with children and it is ok - we did it several times or you can drive the 10min drive - just a lovely area! Good luck x

England
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
37 helpful votes
3. Re: Hoburne Park Mudeford

Absolutely, without question, give Holborn Park a miss (not that it's not nice) as I would agree 100% with HectorZaza1 that Sandhills on Avon Beach in Mudeford is far superior, trust me... I’ve been to both and now use Sandhills without fail, EVERY time.

Sandhills is a small, peaceful and very beautiful site, whereas Holborn is somewhat larger and can be v.busy (read: rowdy) in the summer months.

Sandhills has a great little outdoor heated swimming pool for your 2 year old, it's RIGHT on the beach for hours of sandcastle fun, has a quaint little 'club house' with a bar and nightly entertainment and the stroll along the promenade (from Avon Cafe, right down to the Mudefud Quay) it's absolutely stunning with the Isle of White as your vista!

From the Quay, you can stop off at the cafe for a bite to eat, visit the pub (during the day or night) for great home cooked food and a stiffer drink, grab your crabbing gear from the great shop or hop on the Mudeford Quay ferry for a couple of pounds over to Hingistbury Head or even around to the beautiful town of Christchurch.

All this is only 2 minutes from the Sandhills site! You may have gathered i'm a fan! If you would like any more info, would be happy to help with my tips, get me on ryan_gray100@hotmail.com. I even have a contact for a great little 6 birth caravan on the Sandhills site that you can book. I can put you in touch if you like ;-)

Hope this helps,

Ry.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Hoburne Park Mudeford

Thanks very much for your info about Sandhills. Would be grateful for the contact for the 6 berth caravan you mention.

England
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
37 helpful votes
5. Re: Hoburne Park Mudeford

Moggy11... PM sent with the info you need but for anyone else who needs the inside track, drop me a line!

You can also go to www.caravan96.co.uk for more info on the caravan and the Sandhills site in general!

Hope this helps,

Sub.

High Wycombe...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
9 helpful votes
6. Re: Hoburne Park Mudeford

I THINK THE PERSON ABOVE MUST BE THINKING OF SOMEWHERE ELSE WHEN THEY SAY HOBURNE PARK IS ROWDY. I have my own caravan there & my family love coming back here every year. It is mostly privately owned caravans but they do rent some out. It has all you need for a relaxing break or a family holiday. There is a great indoor pool which is always lovely & warm but if the weather is hot (which it isnt much in this country) there is an outdoor pool too. There is also a kids playground, tennis courts, mini-golf, bowling alley, football field, games arcade & i think there is going to be a soft-play area this year. There is a family friendly restaurant & a club-house with entertainment at weekends & most days during school hols. they have bingo, disco & cabaret and a kids entertainer - Sammy Seahorse. YES IT IS A 15 MIN WALK TO THE BEACH OR MUDEFORD QUAY BUT MY GRANDCHILDREN DONT FIND THIS A PROBLEM.

Reading, United...
1 post
1 review
7. Re: Hoburne Park Mudeford

We visited last year. Small friendly park and only 10 minutes walk to beautiful beach. Indoor and putdoor pool, bowling and entertainment although not on a grand scale. Nice restaurant and bar.

Large supermarket nearby, no shop on site but a local shop just outside.

If the weather is good you could not wish for more.

I do find it hard to find availabilty on this site for given dates.

Hope this helps

Plymouth, UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
161 reviews
102 helpful votes
8. Re: Hoburne Park Mudeford

We have just returned from a week at Hoburne Park Mudeford/Christchurch and we enjoyed every moment. Our caravan was very well equipped and spotlessly clean. The park is very quiet and fairly small but with a very good outdoor pool and an indoor pool. The park is suitable for couples wanting a quiet holiday and any families with children would be better off going to one of the other parks with more child friendly facilities.

The location is excellent being on the verge of the New Forest and close to Christchurch. The only thing I felt was lacking was any kind of shop on site although there is one within a short walking distance.

We shall definitely be going back next year.

Hampshire UK
2 posts
9. Re: Hoburne Park Mudeford

Hi, would you be able to message me. Your contact ref renting a caravan at sand hills - thank you!!

Egham, United...
1 post
10. Re: Hoburne Park Mudeford

Hi

I'm desperately looking for a caravan to rent next week in Sandhills? Please let me know...

Get answers to your questions about Bournemouth
Recent Conversations