We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In and around Bournemouth

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
324 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
In and around Bournemouth

Bournemouth Gardens are particularly lovely this time of year - there are benches to rest those tired feet and light displays at night. In August the candle light displays are amazing - hundreds of candles in coloured jars transform the gardens. For dates, contact Bournemouth Tourism, Gervis Place.

Bournemouth has a huge sandy beach and a nice prom.

Theres a Wilts & Dorset open-top bus tour from Gervis Place (day-out tickets are cheapest) which goes across on the chain ferry to Swanage, a lovely sea-side resort, where you can also get a steam train ride. The bus also stops at Shell Bay which is particularly spectacular - its best to take your own refreshments. If taking a car across on the chain ferry at Poole, its best to get there very early as there can be long queus. You can go as foot passengers also.

There are many bars, cafes & restaurants in Bournemouth - too numerous to mention, so there is plenty of choice.

BIC - Bournemouth International Centre has live shows and musicals throughout the season.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In and around Bournemouth

Support Forum is for asking general questions on how to use TripAdvisor website, how to find things on it and how to use its many features.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,109 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In and around Bournemouth

Hi Debbie:

This is the Support forum which is for answering general questions about using the Trip Advisor site.

It is not a forum for promoting a particular city or it's attractions.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
324 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In and around Bournemouth

Yes but these forums are also for helping holiday-makers to get the benefit of helpful advice about things to do on holiday which they wouldn't otherwise know about - you should see the amount of advice given on the Fethiye forums - we get loads of thankyous from appreciatative first time visitors to the area

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,911 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In and around Bournemouth

I am happy this was moved to the Bournemouth Forum. I was in Bournemouth in early May, but I'll be looking for things to do on my next trip!

kent
Level Contributor
243 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In and around Bournemouth

If you want things to do, whats on, expore the area, where to eat, just go to http://www.bournemouth.co.uk/

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
324 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In and around Bournemouth

Hi, I appreciate all responses. My problem is that I wanted to write a Traveller Article about Bournemouth & the New Forest to help visitors get the best out of our area - especially those on a budget who dont have the funds to visit costly attractions, but on visiting the "how to" page found it so complex & confusing that the forums became the only option. If only the "write a Traveller Article" info was just a case of a one-click option it would be so much more accessible.

Unfortunately Bouremouth Tourism sites often dont have info. about local events such as carnivals and where to find free live music, or the free entertainments & fireworks nights on Poole Quay.

Someone please ask a question, and I will do my best to help

kent
Level Contributor
243 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In and around Bournemouth

Debbie B you need to take a closer look at www.bournemouth.co.uk. For instance there are 110 events listed for Poole including the fireworks nights. Dont dismiss this site so easily. You can also find whats on events at www.bournemouth.gov.uk.

JSN
san francisco
Level Contributor
362 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In and around Bournemouth

A couple of times a year I spend a few days at some British place on my own; it helps me get over my jetlag from California and then I meet my husband and fly off to wherever. I generally pick my destinations based on how long a coach ride it is from Heathrow, so I need help doing quick research. Information gleaned from Trip Advisor is 100 times more helpful than anything on a tourism site. I'm grateful to people who share their travel experiences.

JSN
san francisco
Level Contributor
362 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: In and around Bournemouth

Thank you for your trip report, Debbie. I just decided on Bournemouth at Easter yesterday. I'll come back with questions.

10. Re: In and around Bournemouth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Bournemouth