We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening entertainment for family

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Evening entertainment for family

Hi, we are hoping someone sees this ad in time to offer any suggestions for family friendly evenings out in bournemouth.

My husband and I are here until 28th September with our son who is 2.5yrs. We'd like to be able to go out in the evenings rather than being stuck in the room of our accommodation every night.

If our son doesn't nap during the day he'll sleep fairly early and although its not ideal, we could transfer him to lie in his pushchair with a blackout cover over it so that hubby and I could enjoy some social time. Nothing like a rowdy bar. Perhaps a hotel with some entertainment or something similar would be ideal? Or a bar with a bit of atmosphere but that doesn't have young crowds?

Thanks in advance :-)

Michelle

Christchurch
Level Contributor
416 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening entertainment for family

Apart from the Harvester type pubs(Durley Inn on the prom, Riverside in Christchurch, Neptune at Boscombe Pier) I'm honestly struggling to think of places around Bournemouth. I'm sure some of the restaurants in town and surrounds will allow a pushchair in so it probably depends what sort of food you were after. During the week when they are quieter sure there will be space at most places. Tower Park is a drive away but has a few restaurants and bars and as it has bowling/cinema it tends to be be busier. Think the last Motorbike night of the summer is on Poole Quay tomorrow(Tuesday form 6pm) bournemouth.co.uk/whats-on/search-results/co…

Stafford, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
4,660 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening entertainment for family

The Wetherspoons Pub 'Moon in the Square' allowed under 18's in until 9pm (sometimes they let us stay til 10pm - depended on how busy they were,although our son was about 14/15 yrs at the time. )

Nice atmosphere and we could sit where we wanted, instead of being told to sit in a certain part of the pub.

Other than there we couldn't find anyone to let us in with him, even early evening when the places were empty.

Edited: 25 September 2012, 20:30
3. Re: Evening entertainment for family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2013, 10:17