We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub near station

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Pub near station

We have over an hour to wait for reserved train, is there a pub near station where we can get an early evening meal ?

Burgess Hill
Level Contributor
320 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pub near station

There are no pubs very close to the station. O'Neils is about 10 minute walk, but it is not in a straight line.

There is Kayla Brasserie, and Italian Restaurant which is appoximately 5 minute walk, which is out onto the main road and turn right over the roundabout into Holdenhurst Road.

This is also an Asda supermarket directly outside the station, which does the usual supermarket meals in the cafe.

kent
Level Contributor
223 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pub near station

I think the food in the ASDA is a McDonalds.

But a 5 min walk across the road from the station and away from the town is the Bournemouth Noodle Bar

148 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth BH8 8AS

01202 297 722

see tripadvisor for reviews.

Christchurch
Level Contributor
416 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pub near station

OK, I'll dispute a couple of the above comments, there is a pub almost opposite the station "The Lions Head" but I probably wouldn't suggest it as a venue for food probably OK for a drink to waste 30 minutes. Depending which platform you come to it's out of the station and up the hill towards Halfords, about 100 yards from the London -> Weymouth platform exit road, less from the Weymouth - London platform exit.

Your best is probably one of the other suggestions to either get a taxi or walk through the underpass into Holdenhurst Road, there are 2 or 3 pubs there, Inferno, Christopher Creeke(Wetherspoons), O'Neills is right at the end of that road. On Holdenhurst Road there is always La Piccola Italian, a Chinese(Fountain) and an Indian (Bournemouth Tandoori) are also opposite La Piccola (that would be my choice personally)

Edited: 03 October 2012, 13:11
Woking, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pub near station

Thank you for the reply we will be arriving at station on the airport shuttle bus and then catching the London train. Our flight is due in at 18.15 and train we are booked on is not until 20.00, the spare time we have is dependant on the flight being on time so do not want to wander too far.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pub near station

try and eat at the airport,?

there is nowt at all near the station worth tuppence...

i would rather get a bacon roll at the pumpkin cafe on the platform than waste my time (but then it might be closed lol)

its a dump... Poole is better served.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pub near station

Thanks we ended up in Asda Macdonalds !

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pub near station

LOL Julie... oh dear well at least you knew what you would get...

:)

8. Re: Pub near station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 04:18