We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bournemouth Airport Parking

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bournemouth Airport Parking

I regularly use Bournemouth Airport, and I had parked actually at the airport many times, which I found ok, but I have found a local person who allows people to park at his house, and transfers people to the terminal which is a heck of a lot cheaper and really hassle-free! I would highly recommend them and they have just got a website www.bournemouthairportparkingservice.co.uk - tripadvisor should let us review services like this too. Have looked on here and have not seen where else I can do this.

91 replies to this topic
kent
Level Contributor
246 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bournemouth Airport Parking

Bit of an odd one this post. A first time poster that lives in Bournemouth but pays to park at the airport.? Could be a bit of self promotion Tripadvisor.

The poster mentions a local person that allows you to park at his house but the web site is for a car park that include a parking attendant and among the terms and conditions is one that says "If you fail to pay us we may sell your vehicle after 30 days to recover money owed to us by you. In selling, we may proceed in such manner as we think fit in our absolute discretion and we are not obliged to obtain the best price." Nothing to stop them selling your car to an aquantance for a knocked down price.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bournemouth Airport Parking

Actually I have used this Bournemouth Airport Parking Services person twice, the first time with no problem whatsoever. The last time my car was damaged at the rear and he immediately said it must have been damaged already. I assured him it was most certainly was not. He said it was only him or his son who moves the vehicles and he hadn't done it and his son was very careful. I was very cross that this had happened and he has refused to pay for the damage. I gave him a not very glowing review on his website and he has now removed the freeindex from his website. I think he is a very ignorant man and would advise others to think twice about it. There must be another vehicle that was also damaged that scraped the rear of my car.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bournemouth Airport Parking

Yes I agree with you see my post too

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bournemouth Airport Parking

just used parkatmyhouse near Bournemouth airport and it was great...agree with OP

i refuse to give BOH my money as they are money grabbing gits...

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bournemouth Airport Parking

I have just seen there are replies to my original posting... no I am a local, I did not want to pay the airport prices, and out of principle not the drop off charges. It is cheaper to park there than to get a taxi with all my luggage and 7 other passengers from where I live at the times I needed to fly.

I have never had any problems and use this service frequently. I also always take quick photos of all sides of the car and the mileage etc when I leave the car in places like this, so it safeguards me etc, but at the end of the day, you 'park at your own risk' I suppose as in the booking terms. Damage could have been made by another customer as well, so then the owners wouldn't be liable I don't think anyway. I will continue to use as I have not had any problems etc

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bournemouth Airport Parking

Driveway parking is a good alternative to Bournemouth long stay car park. Another option is local hotels that offer holiday parking. That's what I'm looking for now... I have found one on this page airportparking.co.uk/bournemouth-airport-par… and there are some local guest houses that may provide parking. Somehow I feel that parking at a hotel may be a little more secure than someones driveway.

Christchurch
Level Contributor
417 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bournemouth Airport Parking

If you think parking at the City Lodge will be more secure I would reconsider. Yes it's a car park but it's right next to a main road nor has any barriers or security. Plus factor in a taxi to the airport and you will still be paying the £5 drop off/pickup fee on top

London, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bournemouth Airport Parking

Was considering using this to park for a few days until I read the T & C which worryingly said they could move your car to another location and not be responsible for any damage or loss!

Also why is the location not shown on the website until you have paid?

Any ideas where it is ?

TB

Southampton
Level Contributor
4 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bournemouth Airport Parking

The location is on the road right opposite the airport. It is a kind of farmhouse. Its not a car park at all. You deliver your car to the gravel area outside the house and you give the keys to him. He moves the cars himself (and with his son) on to the 'paddock'. You will find your car comes back covered in mud and grass all along the bottom and the wheels. There is no insurance and if your car gets damaged, he takes no responsibility. He comes to pick you up in his tatty Mercedes which stinks of tabacco smoke which would bother you if you smoke I suppose. I wouldn't use his services again and he's not that cheap compared to Bournemouth I think I only saved about £5.

Oxford, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Bournemouth Airport Parking

I was considering using this service for my first trip out of Bournemouth Airport. I emailed the guy directly and he said the car is parked by myself in a 104 spaced tarmac carpark with CCTV and I take my keys with me. Your comments have worried me, and now confused as to where to park not knowing the area.

Reply to: Bournemouth Airport Parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bournemouth