We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we bring own portable stove?

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Can we bring own portable stove?

My fiancé and I are planning to have a relaxing day trip in Bournemouth beach. Any tips where is the best beach we should aim for and can we bring our own small portable stove as we planning to bring own food and hot drinks. I was told open flame is not allowed in certain public recreational places in UK but I really hope Bournemouth beach will allow this.

We arriving Bournemouth at 10.30am by train and leaving at 6.30pm in late August. Hope that is sufficient time for beach day out. We just want to stay in our pop out tent and hope the weather is hot and calm from the wind. Any tips to have wonderful simple relaxing beach day out is much appreciated.

Thank you

Christchurch
Level Contributor
416 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we bring own portable stove?

In theory cooking/open fires/flames are banned on Bournemouth beach until after 6pm which doesn't give you much time. Do you really want hot food and drink I guess is the next question? If you have a pop up tent it may shield you from being seen but just be aware that the beaches are patrolled by lifeguards/Council staff. As for beaches, the best ones tend to be those furthest away from the popular areas, but that doesn't really help if you are on the train as the closest beaches to those will always be the busiest near the piers. An alternative could be to get off the train at Pokesdown and head to Soutbourne beach or from Bournemouth get a taxi further along the West Cliff to between Alum and Durley chines maybe(or to the East Cliff beaches)

kent
Level Contributor
223 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we bring own portable stove?

You say late August, you need to remember that the Bournemouth air show is on from the 29th until the 1st of September - http://bournemouthair.co.uk/

On a typical good day for the show Bournemouth is teeming with 250,000 visitors and the central beach area will be rather busy as are the roads and probably the trains, and if its a quiet relaxing time you want you will most certainly need to heed the beach advice above.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we bring own portable stove?

There are loads of places where you can buy hot food and drinks near the beach in Bournemouth.

4. Re: Can we bring own portable stove?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 07:21