We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to have the best Guinness?

Which Bournemouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Where to have the best Guinness?

I just returned from my Ireland trip where I had a chance to taste Guinness and I loved it. I was told that the Guinness in UK is not the same.

Any suggestion for the best places to try Guinness? :-)

Thanks,

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,285 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to have the best Guinness?

That's a ploy to get tourists to drink it IMHO. It's a keg beer, and one of the key points about keg beers is uniformity of taste.

Now of course Guinness in Ireland is brewed there rather than in the UK. But it's not in their interests to allow inferior products to be brewed elsewhere.

Finally, I give you the "holiday bottle of wine" scenario. You're in Southern Europe having dinner on a lovely evening. You say to your other half "you know, this local wine is really good. Lets take a bottle home". You do. It tastes like paintstripper. It's all about the moment.

Mike

2. Re: Where to have the best Guinness?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2014, 06:20