We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap parking near Royal Bath Hotel

Which Bournemouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
279 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap parking near Royal Bath Hotel

I've just bought a Groupon deal for the Royal Bath Hotel in Bournemouth and have read that the on-site parking is quite expensive. Is there another public car park nearby that's cheaper? We'll need to be able to park up around lunchtime, then leave about 4pm the following day.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap parking near Royal Bath Hotel

Whist I am not an expert on Bournemouth car parks I am pretty sure you will struggle to find something 'cheap' as the Royal Bath is right by the sea and also in close proximity to the BIC, the Pavilion and the centre of town.

However have a look at this Bournemouth Council web page as the Rover Tickets they do look to be a good buy:

bournemouth.gov.uk/StreetsTransport/Parking/…

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap parking near Royal Bath Hotel

The answer really is "No!" Bournemouth had some of the highest parking charges in their car parks that you will find anywhere in the UK so either park about 10 mins away by the train station which is £4 all day or take it on the chin. There are roads you can park on but again, 10 to 15 min walk to hotel.

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
279 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap parking near Royal Bath Hotel

Thanks, Kaleg. I knew it wasn't going to be 'cheap' but I thought I could get it cheaper than the hotel. It turns out there's a public car park right next door, that charges £12.50 for 24 hours. That'll do! :-)

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap parking near Royal Bath Hotel

Glad you've found somewhere. I do know the car park in question but had no idea they had the 24 hour rate. One word of warning - I'm pretty certain that the spaces and aisles are quite tight on that particular one and it does get very busy but hopefully out of season it might not be too bad.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap parking near Royal Bath Hotel

Also the 24 hour rate runs out at 8am and the ticket issuers are very hot at giving out fines.

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
279 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap parking near Royal Bath Hotel

Thanks, Soaperman. That's useful info. We might be better off just paying the £20 after all, unless Mr Vickyinnorthants fancies popping down to the car park at 7.45am in his dressing gown! (I'm guessing he won't.)

Thank you both for your advice.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap parking near Royal Bath Hotel

That's a shame. It might have been worth getting up early to go and see the sight!!

Have a great time and fingers crossed for the weather.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap parking near Royal Bath Hotel

Central car park is cheap and not far :)

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap parking near Royal Bath Hotel

Not sure where you mean by 'central'. If it's the open air NCP one then that is anything but cheap.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap parking near Royal Bath Hotel

Stick with your hotel parking, not cheap but handy and they park the car for you. NCP in town is reasonable but still a 10 minute walk to the hotel and if it is raining etc, not worth the risk. Royal Bath have amazing spa and gym facilities and located in a great spot so you can chill and enjoy.