We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurant

Carmarthen, West...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurant

I'm looking for a good restaurant for a 40th birthday bash, not bothered what style of food and also any good bars.

Many thanks.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
729 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurant

What sort of restaurant are you looking for? Fun, posh, party, relaxed, intimate?

Southampton...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurant

Hi

What sort of specifics - helps to advise you - there is TGI Fridays at Tower Park in Poole which is good food with DJ/music/bar/cocktails etc but depends where you are staying (if at all) in the area and how many of you there are - thinking about taxis.

What sort of budget do you have?

Are you staying in Bournemouth that night - where?

London
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurant

After recently spending a week in Bournemouth I'm afraid to say that the food was pretty uniformly terrible. It says something when a poster recommends the truly appalling TGIF's for it's food. One exception was a Chinese restaurant on Lansdowne Road called Noble Garden. They have the usual westernized menu featuring such lup sup as Chow Mein and Sweet and Sour Pork. But, if you ask, they also have a Chinese menu, which they'll translate for you, with some real treasures on it.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
729 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good restaurant

May Iask where you you ate? There are hundreds of restaurants on Bournemouth and I've eaten at many of them - while some leave alot to be desired, most are very good...... Bournemouth Steak House, Valentinos, Makia, El Molino, Cuccinis to name but a few.

U.K.
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good restaurant

..........also the Mandarin on Old Christchurch Road and Ocean Palace up by the B'mth International Centre are both excellent Chinese restaurants. If there is one thing that B'mth isn't lacking it's good places to eat.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good restaurant

I agree about El Molino, we ate there twice and Cafe Rouge 3 times.