We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother's Day in Bournemouth - suggestions please!

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mother's Day in Bournemouth - suggestions please!

Hiya - I'm taking Mum to Bournemouth for our annual Mother's Day weekend jolly. I'm 38, Mum's 63 - but right up for fun! Would really appreciate some tips on what to do on Saturday 29th March.

Boat trips/comedy club/shopping and nice restaurants all good. She can't do too much walking though, and we have a spa day booked for the Sunday.

Thanks for reading!

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
23 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mother's Day in Bournemouth - suggestions please!

Hi

Sounds like fun! There us a really lovely boat trip from Poole quay to Brownsea island but it is pretty weather dependant as it's not so much fun in the rain! The boat takes you on a short tour around the private islands and is really quite interesting if you fancy that sort of thing. Also I'd recommend that you check out the BIC website to see if there's any shows on you fancy there. Alternatively try The Regent Centre in Chiristchurch which is volunteer run and a real old fashioned experience. A great place for lunch with your Mum is the Captains Club on the river in Christchurch - I take my mum there. Hope you have a great weekend!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mother's Day in Bournemouth - suggestions please!

Langtry Manor hotel does a great Edwardian banquet on Saturday nights

Try it !

3. Re: Mother's Day in Bournemouth - suggestions please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 04:23