We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a long term stay in Dorchester

Which Dorchester hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Padova
2 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a long term stay in Dorchester

Hi,

I will be arriving to Dorchester around 25th of August and am looking for a low cost hotel since I will be staying there for a longer period of time. Can someone help me to locate something reasonable. Or perhaps a flat to rent. I am a medical doctor and will be working there. Thanks. Please write to: interpreter@hotmail.com

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a long term stay in Dorchester

Try Junction Hotel or Kings Arms, both are town centre and a walk away from the hospital. At least they would be a place to stay until you get something else less costly, there is also the premier travel lodge in Weymouth

The local newspaper is the Evening Echo, accommodation for longer lets are advertised there You can view it online at www.dorsetecho.co.uk . Also try Elder and Froy or Fordingtons lettings for flat rentals., both will have websites.

Most are 6 month lets. Come September time, it is easy to pick up a 6 month 'winter' let of holiday cottage/apartments that are rented out to holiday makers during the summer.

The least expensive option would be to consider a flat share (check the newspaper for adverts) or by asking the accommodation officer at the hospital to ask for flat share or room to let with other hospital workers.

Enjoy your time in the UK

Dorset
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a long term stay in Dorchester

Hi wallydoc,

Have a look at rightmove.co.uk. There are a good few winter lets going within a 10 mile radius of Dorchester (DT1). If you don't drive - Portland and Weymouth have good public transport links to Dorch, if you do drive - even better - you can get cheaper lets if you live in one of the smaller surrounding villages.

Good luck

3. Re: Looking for a long term stay in Dorchester

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 14:20
Get answers to your questions about Dorchester
More Dorchester Topics