We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fakenham Caravan Site & Golf Centre

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Fakenham Caravan Site & Golf Centre

Hi everyone,

Has anyone stayed at the Fakenham Caravan Site & Golf Centre?

I can't find any reviews on this campsite anywhere and initially I had it confused with the nearby Racecourse campsite.

Would be most grateful if anyone who has stayed there can give us a quick opinion as it is the only place I've found at this short notice with availability for this coming weekend - is that a warning sign?!

Many thanks

L

Norfolk
Level Contributor
57 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fakenham Caravan Site & Golf Centre

Hi

Never stayed there, which I know isn't helpful but it does look a big site which may be why it has vacancies. The site is alongside a main road but I think the caravans are on the furthest side of the field away from the road. The site is very central for Fakenham, Wells, Holkham Burnham Market. A little further is Holt, Sheringham and Cromer. Hope thats helpful

C

London
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fakenham Caravan Site & Golf Centre

Hi all,

It's been a while but I thought I would update as we did go to this site last year and it was really nice although the owners were looking to sell up due to retirement.

The site is basically a big field next to a driving range with a small golf course around the edge. A bonus of being on a golf course is that the grass on the pitches was lovely.

The shower block was kept very clean and is modern although I think there were only a couple of showers and it was quite quiet when we were there so they weren't too busy. The showers were free too.

We didn't use it but the driving range has a cafe and bar but it's only open til the range closes. The site is only a 10-15 min walk to the town but it is on the road for the first part so isn't very advisable in the dark without a torch. There is a very good fish and chip shop in the town that was very busy.

Hope this is helpful for someone

L

3. Re: Fakenham Caravan Site & Golf Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2009, 07:21