We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days Norfolk Must dos /see

GEORDIELAND
Level Contributor
959 posts
172 reviews
Save Topic
4 days Norfolk Must dos /see

I am taking wife to Norfolk for her birthday , what would you locals say are the must dos and must sees, we like to apck in as much as possible and not bothered about 60 mins drive, we will be staying in Market Pulham

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days Norfolk Must dos /see

Depends what you like doing/seeing to some extent

Norwich is a must - it was a very large & important city in the Middle Ages and has a very impressive set of historic buildings and a good few museums etc:

www.norwich12.co.uk

A trip to the coast is also a must - the closest seaside to Pulham Market is actually the Suffolk coast around Southwold - which is a lovely town, an unspoilt (except by the fact that much of the property is these days second homes) Edwardian seaside resort

http://www.southwold.info/index.html

Plenty of other places of interest along the Suffolk coast too, like the drowned city of Dunwich, the heaths/cliffs south of there, the fishing port of Aldeburgh, just inland is the pretty market town of Framlingham with an impressive castle, and near Woodbridge (another attractive town) there's the Anglo-Saxon burial site at Sutton Hooe

The North Norfolk coast (at its best west of Cromer) is different in feel but equally lovely. Fantastic beaches and some really nice towns like Wells

East of Norwich are the Broads - a flat inland network of waterways and lakes, popular for boating holidays and day boat trips

www.broads-authority.gov.uk

Mostly Norfolk (and Suffolk, since you're staying in South Norfolk) are about the outdoors and countryside, with big open spaces and lots of room to breathe. So I think you get the best of them if you like walking/cycling/riding - but like I said, if you tell us what sort of thing interests you we might be able to help further

norfolk
Level Contributor
870 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days Norfolk Must dos /see

just wanted to say hi to you, recognised your name from the Benidorm forum, I live in Fakenham so a fair distance from where you are staying, hope you have a great time, will check on here later to see how it's going.

Regards,

Jean.

norfolk
Level Contributor
870 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days Norfolk Must dos /see

Hi,

Have just checked out where Pulham Market is, I have never been there) and just looking at the map I would say the places to visit would be Norwich, Bury St Edmunds (beautiful Abbey and grounds , lovely atmosphere, good varied shops and the home of Greene King brewery who do tours which are interesting) The Broads, and along the coast, would give Yarmouth a miss, I really only know from Cromer to Hunstanton but it is worth visiting with some lovely towns along the way.

Hope this has given you some ideas.

Regards,

Jean.

GEORDIELAND
Level Contributor
959 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days Norfolk Must dos /see

thanks for that will certainly do the coast run.

GEORDIELAND
Level Contributor
959 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 days Norfolk Must dos /see

Thanks for that, we like boat a trips, walks fresh air,a small amount of culture, only so much of museums you can take, we love live rock music, i.e pub bands,browsing around market towns. Train Rides,Think the advice is sound to avoid Yarmouth, no disrespect but its like all victorain seaside places, we have one up here called Whitley Bay, they are all the same, been allowed to become run down and a little shoddy, al la Blackpool/ Scarborough although both of these are starting to make efforts to improve the seafronts, so it looks like

1. Trip on a boat on the broads, will go to Wroxham and take our chance

2. Run to the coast Cromer - Hunstanton

3. trip to nORWICH

4. trip tp Southwold

That my 4 days filled up, will have to come back to do the other must do,s !!

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 days Norfolk Must dos /see

I live close to Pulham Market, so just wanted to add a couple of ideas closer to there in case you have an hour or so to kill. Harleston iis about 10 minutes away & is a lovely little market town. If you're looking for a walk of a couple of miles or so close to where you're staying, then try Tyrell's Wood. It's a very old wood owned by the Woodland Trust & I think it is magical. You might also be interested in the English Whisky distillery at East Harling near Thetford - www.englishwhisky.co.uk

GEORDIELAND
Level Contributor
959 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 days Norfolk Must dos /see

thats great info thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 days Norfolk Must dos /see

Don't forget RSPB Minsmere - with free entry into the cafe u can sit outside and watch the birds near the coast whilst trying the superb cakes....

9. Re: 4 days Norfolk Must dos /see

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 07:15