We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norfolk with a baby

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Norfolk with a baby

We are travelling to Tattersett with our 6 month old baby boy in early May and staying for a week.

This is our first holiday with our son and would love any recommendations of things to do

Thanks

Chris

norfolk
Level Contributor
826 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norfolk with a baby

Hi Chris,

I don't think I have ever been to Tattersett, but I don't think there is much there, although is quite rural so would be nice for walks.

Pensthorpe is very nice and May would be a good time to visit, you may have seen it on TV when they did spring watch from there a couple of years ago, they also have a good cafe there,

Wells is also good, it's not too big so not hectic, but is a lovely seaside town.

Kings Lynn is about 20 miles away with some decent shopping with some interesting areas around the estuary.

Fakenham is your nearest town, it has 2 supermarkets if you need to shop and there is a market on a Thursday.

Don't know if this helps much but if there is anything I can help with then please just ask.

Jean.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Norfolk with a baby

Thanks Jean for the ideas, you've been really helpful.

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Norfolk with a baby

Just to add a few comments to Jean's reply.

Fakenham won't detain you too long - it was once (somewhat unfairly) voted the most boring town in the country! But as Jean says, it has two supermarkets -Morrison's is on the outskirts on the Norwich road, and Tesco is in the centre of town. You can park for up to three hours at Tesco, although finding a space on market days is quite difficult. The auctions on market days are quite interesting and start on April 12th.

It might be just a little misleading to describe Wells as a seaside town, since the beach and sea are a mile away from the town, but there is a very nice cafe in the beach car park and a great beach and woodland walks. Other places in the area you might like to consider are Holkham Hall and grounds, and Walsingham. For a change from chain stores, Holt and Burnham Market offer something quite different. Then there is Sandringham, and Hunstanton, which has some pleasant gardens and cliffside walks. If you fancy leaving the car behind, the whole of the North Norfolk coast between Hunstanton and Cromer can be explored by Coasthopper bus - half hourly service throughout the summer.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Norfolk with a baby

excellent, loads for me to research.

Thanks for the suggestions

5. Re: Norfolk with a baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2013, 10:28