We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norfolk Newbie - best places to go with kids

scotland
Level Contributor
77 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Norfolk Newbie - best places to go with kids

coming to visit norfolk area in august with my 5 and 7 year old, staying in norwich in premier inn and have car so can drive mostly anywhere. We want to visit couple nice beaches / sea side towns as well (not neccisarily great yarmouth) so any top places to take kids ( zoo, fairground, good leaisure swimming pool etc)

thankyou

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norfolk Newbie - best places to go with kids

I can wholeheartedly recommend Banham Zoo, both my children have now left home but I still go once a year by myself!! Lots to do and the animals are well looked after.

For seaside I dont think you can beat Hunstanton for this age group, miles of flat beach, a small funfair, donkey rides etc.

And Pleasurewoods Hills for a not too big theme park.

Harwich, Essex
Level Contributor
175 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norfolk Newbie - best places to go with kids

Cromer is lovely & there is a great beach at Mundersley

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Norfolk Newbie - best places to go with kids

The Poppy Line railway is a lovely day out.

http://www.nnrailway.co.uk/

london
Level Contributor
2,148 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Norfolk Newbie - best places to go with kids

we all love the seal trips from Blakeney ... there are 3 different companies offering these trips and they are all of a muchness ... the trips can only take place a couple of hours either side of high tide so you would need to check out what times they're operating when you're there ... beware though that in high season it can get very packed ... if the first sailings are in the middle of the day there is always a rush between the different boats to be "first out" which some people find a bit off-putting ... however for little ones of 5 and 7 years the charm of being so close to so many seals is unforgetable

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,548 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Norfolk Newbie - best places to go with kids

Seal trips go from Morston quay just up the road from Blakeney, seal sightings are guaranteed.

You may also like to visit Wells-next-the-Sea. Fish and chips on the quayside is a must, and many children enjoy catching crabs. The beach is great, about a mile from town and connected by a miniature train. There's a good if a little pricey, cafe by the beach car park. Actually, almost everything in North Norfolk is a little pricey! There's also another narrow guage railway which runs from Wells to Walsingham.

Sheringham Splash is recommended for a day out with kids

dayoutwiththekids.co.uk/family-fun/…14

and you will find other ideas on this website.

6. Re: Norfolk Newbie - best places to go with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 09:15