We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday lunch rec. pref near King's Lynn

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Topic
Sunday lunch rec. pref near King's Lynn

Hi all.

I'll be visiting Houghton Hall on a Sunday and want to stop and have a nice Sunday lunch somewhere after my visit.

I will have a car but prefer not to go too far out of my way. After lunch I'll be heading to Chatsworth House - Google maps is recommending the A17.

Thanks, Mez.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday lunch rec. pref near King's Lynn

I can recommend the Granary in Long Sutton for their Sunday Carvery, £7.95 per person, all well cooked, lots of vegetables, generous with the meat too!! 15 miles from Kings Lynn on the A17.

Tel is 01406 364675 but you would have to book today.

Great Yarmouth...
Destination Expert
for Norwich, Great Yarmouth
Level Contributor
575 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday lunch rec. pref near King's Lynn

Sorry I don't have any recommendations for lunch on your route but I was at Houghton last Sunday and the food in the café restaurant was good. There's a special once in a lifetime art exhibition a Houghton this summer, so make sure you've booked ahead as entry is by time slot. The journey from Houghton Hall to Chatsworth House is about 3 hours. I guess you're staying over night and plan to visit the house the following day as it'll be closed by the time you've had lunch and driven from Norfolk. What a great weekend you have planned, enjoy it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday lunch rec. pref near King's Lynn

Thank you both.

I did spy Long Sutton on the map so that looks like a good option.

Yes, it's the exhibition at Houghton Hall I am coming to see, but not until early September. I've already got my ticket booked. And yes, driving straight to my accommodation, with a visit to Chatsworth the following day.

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,486 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday lunch rec. pref near King's Lynn

There's a couple of places in Fakenham, which is only a few miles out of your way. A new Wetherspoons called the Limes in the centre of town, really nice building with lots of outside seating, and a Running Horse on the outskirts of the town. Also a couple of Wetherspoons in Kings Lynn, but they are in the town centre, probably best avoided.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday lunch rec. pref near King's Lynn

Thank you, aardvark. Will check it out.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday lunch rec. pref near King's Lynn

Sorry, I read your post as travelling today!! The Granary actually does Sunday Carvery from 12 noon to 6pm on Sundays and really only get booked out in the summer and between 12 and 2, so if you arrived later on on a Sunday a quick call in the morning would confirm if they could fit you in. I'm taking family there today!!

7. Re: Sunday lunch rec. pref near King's Lynn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 06:16