We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested route for 4 night boating hol on Norfolk Broads

UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Suggested route for 4 night boating hol on Norfolk Broads

Hi there this is my first time posting so apols if it's in the wrong place etc.

We are a family of 3 (with a nine year old son) and are hoping to book a 4 night boating holiday on the Broads.

We have been boating before but not with our son and used to own a small boat on the Thames years ago so are not complete novices but it has been a while!

We have been to the broads twice many years ago well before our son was born. The first trip was amazing, full of wildlife beautiful scenery, lovely pubs along the way but for the life of us we can't remember whether it was the north or south! When we had our second visit we took the other (south or north?) route and found it very baron.

First of all from my description above was it the north or south we first visited? I have a feeling from reading others descriptions it was the north but want to double check!

Anyway to the point at long last. I wanted to ask for suggested routes for a 4 night stay. We haven't booked our holiday yet (will be in August) so are reasonably flexible I would imagine as to where we start finish.

Any advice would be very useful as we have a son with autism and want to plan the route beforehand as much as possible with interesting stops, places to visit, pubs to eat in etc along the way.

Thank you!

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,471 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggested route for 4 night boating hol on Norfolk Broads

See

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186269-i919-k64…

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,476 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggested route for 4 night boating hol on Norfolk Broads

Hi scousemouse and welcome to the forums,

Have a look at the link mentioned by aardvark10 above where several of us answered a similar question a few weeks ago.

As far as I am concerned the only reasons to go to the Southern Broads by boat are:-

A visit to Great Yarmouth, which is great for kids but can be tacky

Oulton Broad on a Thursday evening (and some bank holiday Mondays) for the powerboat racing. See:-

oulton-broad.com/powerboat-racing-fixtures-f…

A visit to Norwich.

I think the Northern broads are more interesting and I live in Lowestoft!

Edited: 30 May 2013, 16:13
UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggested route for 4 night boating hol on Norfolk Broads

Thank you will take a look at link now :)

UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggested route for 4 night boating hol on Norfolk Broads

Thank travelbob too. Think we can give the South a miss then!

5. Re: Suggested route for 4 night boating hol on Norfolk Broads

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 05:16