We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brancaster beach - some helpful info

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
324 reviews
Save Topic
Brancaster beach - some helpful info

Hi,

If anyone stays in that area, here is some useful info car park was around £4-£5 a day last year but they do offer a weekly ticket for £20. Here's another useful tip, blue badge holders no charge apparently, but there may be free on the road parking in the area. It is managed by national trust, but they have told me they need to improve website info on the car park.

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brancaster beach - some helpful info

I'm not sure why anyone from the National Trust would talk to you about Brancaster beach car park. It's actually owned by the adjacent golf club. There's no on road parking anywhere near the beach between Easter and the end of October. Visitors should be aware that the road to the beach can flood at some high tides and you can be cut off for hours. Do not ignore the posted notices.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brancaster beach - some helpful info

That's the strange thing, I think the beach is national trust, but the car park isn't its not clear though.

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brancaster beach - some helpful info

Yes, you're right. The beach is National Trust, the car park is owned by the Royal West Norfolk golf club.

The charge was £4 per day last year - £1 after 16.00 hours. I actually don't go there much these days because the car park is in such a dreadful condition, and the golf club don't seem to be interested in resurfacing it, despite all the cash they must make out of it.

4. Re: Brancaster beach - some helpful info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 06:17