Hello to all TA good people.
I'm planning to visit Brighton for first time at the end of the month, and as far as my guidebook hasn't arrive yet, I start to be a bit anxious because I need to book accomondation and tickets asap! I need some basic information and advice please!
1) I will come on a train from London. Is it advisable to book well in advance? ( I will come on a Friday and leave on a Sunday) I understand it's cheaper to book online?
2) Is train station located far away by the waterfront? Is it near city center? Is it in a nice area? Would it be advisable to book a hotel/B&B in this area? If not, then where?
3) Is it easy to find taxis by the train station (and by the pier, especially during nights?)
4) In general, is it easy to walk around the city?
5) Any recommendations on site-seen? (Museums, historic places and such? I know only about Royal Pavillion!)
6) Could you sugest a couple of nice pubs where a large group of people will not be a problem? I travel solo, but quite possibly will meet about 10 friends in Brighton and I'd like to organise a night out for them!
7)Any other advice for a solo 27 y.o. woman, visiting Brighton for 1rst time?
Thanks for your time!