We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Lions on TV

Cardiff
Level Contributor
84 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
British Lions on TV

We're spending a weekend in Brighton in a couple of weeks time, and were looking for a nice pub to watch the British Lions match on TV? We'd prefer to avoid chain pubs, so if anyone has any centrally located suggestions, these would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: British Lions on TV

ok, easy enough, but depends where you're staying, as you'll want to be within an easy walk.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
84 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: British Lions on TV

We're in the Hilton Metropole so something close by would be welcome

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: British Lions on TV

if it were me, I'd go to Walkabout at the bottom of West St, which is a 5min walk from the Hilton, or further along Kings Rd is Belushi's Sports bar.

The matches are during the day/early eve, so i guess the pubs will be fairly relaxed - not nec the case at night tho!

But if you're looking for non-chain places, then you're gonna have to go further afield, b'cos there arent that many down that end that i can think of. Anyone else got any ideas?? (J-t-D?)

The Font (& Firkin) in the Lanes is one place i can think off tho. Possibly the Smugglers in Ship St.

I'd stick with Walkabout then go for a ruby afterwards!

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: British Lions on TV

This is an easy one! The Bugle Inn, St Martins St, off the Lewes road - and my local! (where the "dog" came from). Irish owned but not Irish themed (too much).

Probably the most rugby orientated pub in the city - drinking den of Brighton Rugby club - and football free zone. They don't EVER show a football match here btw.

All internationals including lions shown as well as most Heiniken cup games. Takes a bit of finding tho - best get a cab for 5 or 6 quid from the city centre. Ask for Jon the Dog at the bar and mine's a pint of Guinness!

No web site - best link available:

beerintheevening.com/pubs/…Brighton

JtheD

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Menorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: British Lions on TV

Oh - and it's normally a fairly quiet back steet boozer but will be busy for a lions game - get there early (an hour before KO) if you want to get a seat.

JtheD

Cardiff
Level Contributor
84 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: British Lions on TV

Thanks JTD and Bojangles. At least got some options now

Cheers

7. Re: British Lions on TV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2009, 06:19