We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brighton Venue hire: 18th Birthday Party

Brighton
2 posts
Save Topic
Brighton Venue hire: 18th Birthday Party

Im looking to hire a venue for my friends 18th party. We are looking to have a few acoustic bands play. Sort of like an open mic night. Just chilled out and relaxed.

However the venue needs to allow 17 year olds as most of her friends are underage. Though we are hoping to avoid hall hire.

Does anyone know of any venues we could look at?

Thanks x

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brighton Venue hire: 18th Birthday Party

I was gonna suggest somewhere like Circus Circus (at Preston Circus) or the King & Queen, but the age range might prove awkward. How about one of the colleges or Uni buildings? (Btn City or The Art College?)

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Brighton Venue hire: 18th Birthday Party

Try the Free Butt. Licenced for over 16's, good size venue, full bar and soft drinks as they're used to having student bands, full in house PA as well if you need any of it.

Nice guy called Andy runs it - I think if you say you can get enough people in you'll get it for next to nothing if it's availible. I'll be speaking to him tomorrow and I'll mention it. Give him a call and say you got the info here.

The Free Butt Venue

1 Phoenix Place

Brighton, BN2 9ND

01273 603 974

JtheD

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brighton Venue hire: 18th Birthday Party

good call Jon.

Brighton
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Brighton Venue hire: 18th Birthday Party

Thanks allot Jon!

I've tried to ring a fair few times now but im not getting through. Ive e-mailed the myspace site and i'l continue trying to ring so im hoping to get a through soon!

x

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Brighton Venue hire: 18th Birthday Party

I've PM'd you his mobile number

JtheD

6. Re: Brighton Venue hire: 18th Birthday Party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 06:16