We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip

Looking to take a day trip down to Brighton from London the first week in September. How is the weather at that time of year? Sunbathing and swimming weather? Trying to decide if we should bring our swimsuits or just come down to walk around and enjoy the sights, pier, restaurants!! Thanks!!

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip

It really will depend on the weather on the day, certainlt as far as sunbathing is concerned. Unless there is a cold wind the sea will be warm enough for swimming. However, bear in mind that the beach at Brighton is of pebbles.

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip

In general the only people you will see in the sea proper are the under 10's and over 70's. Somehow those of us between these ages prefer a higher temperature to our bathing water.

Don't discount a heatwave tho - stuff a cossie in the bottom of your bag just in case, but expect just to chill out on the seafromt without going any further south.

JtheD

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip

Yeah!, chance it, the weather is bound to be hot dry and sunny...(as if...)

.......cant remember last time i swam in the briney off Brighton Beach...

Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip

Thank you all. I think a day trip is definately worth it. We live in an area much like that and I'd love to compare. Excuse me but whats a "cossie"???

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trip

Cossie - Bathing Costume (of whatever type you chose). By the way if it is low tide you will have a reasonable walk just to be able to paddle. Luckilly there is masses to do and sea in Brighton without setting foot in the briney.

6. Re: Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 07:11