We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Hotel/Apartment with Sea View like Drakes but cheaper?

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
Nice Hotel/Apartment with Sea View like Drakes but cheaper?

Hi everyone,

I'm staying in Brighton for a couple of nights in July for my partners birthday. In an ideal world we'd love to stay in the feature room at Drakes, looks lovely and would love a seaview or balcony but can't justify £300 a night unfortunately.

The Metropole and Hilton look nice from the outside but the reviews aren't great and I'm struggling to find an apartment on the seafront that doesn't cater for about 6 people.

Can anyone recommend a hotel/B&B/apartment which you'd recommend for a special occasion but is a bit cheaper?!

Many thanks for your time.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Hotel/Apartment with Sea View like Drakes but cheaper?

how about maybe the Granville? next door to the Hilton.

http://www.granvillehotel.co.uk/about.php

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186273-d2100…

Brighton
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Brighton
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Hotel/Apartment with Sea View like Drakes but cheaper?

Ha! was gonna suggest the Granville Bo! I worked there over 20 years ago but no idea what it's like now. One thing I do remember is that the "feature room" is the Balcony Room - very large with (suprise!) a sea view balcony. T''was luvly 20 years ago, but went bust just after I left

JtheD

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
882 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Hotel/Apartment with Sea View like Drakes but cheaper?

Fab thanks, not even come across that one but think I know where it is too now. Thanks!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Hotel/Apartment with Sea View like Drakes but cheaper?

Hi there,

I can recommend:

www.delaneyapartment.com

www.nouveaudelaney.com

www.petitdelaney.com

They are just around the corner from Drakes. The Nouveau has the best view, but the Delaney has a great balcony.

Hope you find a nice place.

Best wishes, Jo

5. Re: Nice Hotel/Apartment with Sea View like Drakes but cheaper?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2012, 05:18