We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brighton Car Parking Costs

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Brighton Car Parking Costs

Visitors to Brighton are well advised to read this to appreciate the extortionate cost of parking in the City central areas.

Best advice, is to take the train or park well outside the main areas and use the Buses to get in.

theargus.co.uk/news/…

I noted that at places like North Laine, on street parking is an eye watering £3.50 an hour! (9am-8pm!)

Well done Greens, Is this move supposed to attract visitors & welcome tourists?

Edited: 06 April 2012, 12:34
110 replies to this topic
Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
297 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Brighton Car Parking Costs

Even up in the Dials, some distance out of town the charges are around £2.80 an hour.

Grays
Level Contributor
11 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Brighton Car Parking Costs

Drove to Brighton today parked on the front as normal went to get a parking ticket £15 !!!! I don't think so. Why are they trying to rip people off ? Drove to Eastbourne and parked 6 hours for £1.50. Spent a great day there . My advice is to try other towns along the coast

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,115 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Brighton Car Parking Costs

On TA, we always dissuade people from bringing a car to Brighton. Our advice, consistently, is to take the train into Brighton, and leave the car at home.

Peterborough
Level Contributor
29 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Brighton Car Parking Costs

Some times the decision to take the train and leave the car at home is not an option. I had a similar experience whilst hiolidaying in deepest Sussex, when we decided to venture to Brighton for a day out and for which the train nor other forms of public transport were a realistic option. Wish I had driven on like "lynn&me". Hey ho, I learn by my mistakes,

Ashford, Middx, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Brighton Car Parking Costs

From where I live I can drive to Brighton in just over an hour. If I use public transport it will take more than twice that long assuming the trains run on time, which they seldom do. If I want to go shopping I don't want to be lugging a days worth of purchases back on the train. When will the political numbskulls who run the councils in places like Brighton realise that they are failing to represent the views of their electorate? These punitive parking charges are crucifying local businesses, making life hard for residents and turning away visitors. Some posters suggest parking around the Preston Park area, but these are mainly residential streets where the people who live there can't find a parking space outside their own home. I was born in Brighton and grew up there, but I avoid the town centre now because it's impossible drive there and to park for a reasonable cost.

Edited: 01 April 2013, 22:28
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Brighton Car Parking Costs

Regency Secure Parking off Preston Street is £7 for the day, £12 for overnight and £25 for the whole weekend. I live in worthing and use them all the time. It's secure and manned.

Y G
Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Brighton Car Parking Costs

We took the park & ride recently and it took over 45mins each way, not a good alternative.

London
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Brighton Car Parking Costs

There is free road parking about a 10 minute walk from the pier. It's quite hilly so you need to be a little fit!

Also, it's free to park in the Marina car park. From there you can walk to Brighton centre, catch a bus, or catch the miniature train.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Brighton Car Parking Costs

Yes, there was a Winter tariff up until 31st March which was reasonable, but prices have shot up again since then, unfortunately.

Edited: 04 May 2013, 17:53
Newcastle upon...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
40. Re: Brighton Car Parking Costs

Aye - I was going to come from a Village outside Cheltenham and come to Brighton but Rail costs and Parking costs have put me off.

I may go to Cardiff or Manchester a lot cheaper to park.

Reply to: Brighton Car Parking Costs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted